Black Hatchback 14'

This is a discussion on Black Hatchback 14' within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, a couple of quick questions for exterior appearance... Looking at getting sideskirts for a 14' WRX, also looking ...

Black Hatchback 14'

Hey guys, a couple of quick questions for exterior appearance...

Looking at getting sideskirts for a 14' WRX, also looking for a finned Rear Diffuser and possibly a new lip.

The question is should i invest in carbon fiber or the polyurethane? Been hearing stuff about CF Cracking and fading yellow.

What are your guys thoughts?? Also, are these parts bolt on or drill on?

I currently have a Forcewerkz POLY lip

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a polyurethane front lip and i drilled it into the bumber underneath. It was easy install. Ive scrapped coming out of driveways and sharp angles, and bumper has held its shape and design well. I plasti dipped it black so it will maintain the black color over time also and protect it from when it scrappes although i try to prevent it as much as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nick2014wrx View Post
    I have a polyurethane front lip and i drilled it into the bumber underneath. It was easy install. Ive scrapped coming out of driveways and sharp angles, and bumper has held its shape and design well. I plasti dipped it black so it will maintain the black color over time also and protect it from when it scrappes although i try to prevent it as much as possible

Nick, did you sand it down before plasti dipping??? and is it maintaining its plasti dip color?

No i didnt sand it down, and it is maintaining its plasti dip color. Its really holding up well. It went through the ****ty weather storms in NJ this winter. Through all the salt on roads, and everything. Very happy with plasti dip.