Wrapped Hood?

This is a discussion on Wrapped Hood? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, the plethora of rock chips on my hood is starting to drive me crazy. I can't even keep up ...

Wrapped Hood?

So, the plethora of rock chips on my hood is starting to drive me crazy. I can't even keep up with the Doctor Colorchip anymore. I'm trying to decide if just wrapping my hood is a great or terrible idea. I have an OBP 2012 WRX, so there aren't a lot of color options for me. Any black will be off and the only other "color" I can think of is carbon fiber. I guess I could wrap the hood and the trunk....

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of their OBP WRX with a wrapped hood, or just opinions in general.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nobody has any input/opinions?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I Know 3M company makes a clear "bra" like adhesive that attaches to the front facia and hood of the car among other areas like wheels and doors to protect paint. you can look in to that for an option but when washing and detailing your car its a bit of a pain because you will see a seam of where the 3M product lies. Maybe this can be an option?

I thought about the clear bra, but I'm wondering if being able to see the dings would still drive me crazy. It's something to think about...

Thanks!

Pre-cut XPEL Paint Protection Kits

The website above sells clear protection wrap. It looks like you can get for different parts of the car (hood, headlights, mirrors, etc). I have no idea how well it works or what it looks like! I am interested in getting the headlight protection though.

I'll check it out when I get home from work.

Thanks!