Thinking about Painint my 2014 WRX Rims Bronze

This is a discussion on Thinking about Painint my 2014 WRX Rims Bronze within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I wanted to get some of your opinions, I have have a 2014 the Black(can't ever remember the ...

Thinking about Painint my 2014 WRX Rims Bronze

Hey guys I wanted to get some of your opinions, I have have a 2014 the Black(can't ever remember the real name for it lol) hatch. I am getting out of the Air Force later this year and so I money my extra money goes into savings tell I am out and have a new job so no money for new wheels. So My question is do you guys think it will look good on the with the stock wheels painted bronze? I have looked online for others and can't really find much on a black hatch with the stock rims. I am not a fan of the gold on the black but I think the bronze could look good. Thanks in advanced for your input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just Plasti-dip... There are a million different colors to choose from and you can add a "medalizer". Best part is it's fairly cheap and completely removable (just in case you don't like it or you love it and then get bored). Rough estimate to do the job yourself is about 4 hrs. SO check out DipYourCar.com and you'll see all types of colors and tutorials on how to paint your wheels. Just food for thought

+1 on plastidip first

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh ok cool thanks, I didnt realize they had so many colors for plastidip. I like that idea. About how long does plastidip last on wheels?

I Support ClubWRX
    One of our members, xFallenx, has wheels painted a golden bronze. Photo attached for reference. Looks great on his DGM.

http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

As long as it cures properly it should be as long as you want. I have seen guys pressure wash their plasti-dipped cars without an issue of it peeling or washing off. Like i said watch the tutorial and be sure your wheels are really clean and really dry prior to dipping. I hope this works for you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Granted that's not a black hatch, that's as close to black as you can get. IMO, it will look fantastic. That is plasti dip, BTW. Not painted. Done properly, both methods will provide you with an excellent look.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    I painted mine and if you got rattle can its not to bad since its cheap but once you start getting rock chips in the paint then you will wish you get them plasti dipped or powdercoated. Now you may not drive as much as i do that that might not be a problem. Usually you would need about 4 cans of paint 3 of clear and 2 of primer you can get away with it spending around 60ish more depending on your paint choice.
    I would go darker but its not bad
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks for the post guys that's what I was looking for. I think I am going to plasidip my wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    Thanks for the post guys that's what I was looking for. I think I am going to plasidip my wheels

I have SWP and I plasidip my rims to a black. over all I am very happy with my decision and the way that they are holding one bad thing about it even after I put glossier on it paint has faded a little bit.
    2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Desert Khaki
    2011 Subaru WRX SWP
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1907

MTM
    Powder Coat them if youre sure you want the color. Plasti Dip isnt permanent. Thats why some people like it though.