Baked Taillights?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Baked Taillights? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i have seen the baked head lights (which look awesome and want to do although i'm a little nervous ...

Baked Taillights?

So i have seen the baked head lights (which look awesome and want to do although i'm a little nervous to take on the task) but has anyone seen/done anything about the taillights? I was thinking about smoking mine with plasti-dip but i don't want to over do it and make the lights unnoticeable while braking. Is there a baking method for the taillights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sure, you could take your tail lights apart and change them up if you wanted. Most people go the cheap route though and do vinyl overlays. They are very easy and cheap. As you mentioned, smoking them too dark can result in someone not seeing your brake lights (most likely during day time), and rear-ending you.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't like the look at all and idea of making brake lights less visible in any manner is beyond stupid. People don't watch for cars slowing as they should, they depend on YOUR brake lights. And no I am not Mr. Safety, this is just one area I had to speak up. Sorry.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i'm not sure about the new models to be honest but on the 06/07's we were not able to bake our taillights. the only option other than using film/spray was to take a dremel and open the housing to paint it (and it looks god awful ---> black housing taillight mod for 06 WRX - NASIOC )

if you have a hatch, my recommendation is to just get the red film overlays with the reverse lights cut out. best look IMO.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Go with the vinyl tinting the tail lights may be easy but the reflectors on that hatch door it self are thin and you may have to be a lot more careful with an exacto knife
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks for the info. And yes (OILYPABLO) safety in a concern of mine which is why i was looking for alternatives although i actually do appreciate your concern (not being sarcastic even though it could sound that way, being genuine).

IDK. Other than white and red, I have always hated the way the red taillights looked on cars. I think i'm going to just play with some stencils and plasti-dip and see if i can create something to cover the taillights while leaving ample amounts of stop lighting to shine through.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1...llights001.jpg

This is what type of taillight i am looking to do. Now is this baked or is this a really good stencil?

Bump

I would love to be able to do something like that to my tails. I hope you figure something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin1232 View Post
    I would love to be able to do something like that to my tails. I hope you figure something out.
    Well if i find something out i'll let you know!

I Support ClubWRX

desiree

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Holy Crap You're My Hero!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    THOSE are nice!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BOshea View Post
    Holy Crap You're My Hero!!!
    Yeah google works wonders lol

desiree

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Yeah google works wonders lol
    I tried it but i kept getting just photos or someone saying "just cut the light in half once removed from the car" and i was like EFF this mess there has to be a more simple way. LOL But seriously thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.