Mitsubishi EVO X Style front bumper on 03-05 WRX

This is a discussion on Mitsubishi EVO X Style front bumper on 03-05 WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, This is my first post, and ive been thinking about doing some minor mods to my rex. Its ...

Question Mitsubishi EVO X Style front bumper on 03-05 WRX

Hey guys,

This is my first post, and ive been thinking about doing some minor mods to my rex. Its a 2003 model (Australia).
    Anyway's I really like the mitsubishi EVO X style front "darth vader" like grill and bumper black out. It gives it a real aggressive look on the lancers. So ive gone to photoshop to see what this black front bumper (middle section) may sort of look like on the rex, what do you folks think? I'm only an amature with photoshop, but ive done the best i can I kinda like it, but may need some more work and experimenting from different angles, and i may black out the bottom bumper as well to see what that looks like.

Rally on

PatrickClick image for larger version. 

Name:	EVO style bumper WRX.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	145489

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't do it, you have a clean looking WRX. If you want to change up the look, look into lips and maybe baking the headlights.

Question Full bumper blackout

Hey guys,
    I quickly went back to photoshop and blacked out the bottom bumper section. what do you think now?
    I actually think it gives the WRX a more aggressive look

Cheers,
    Patrick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EVO style bumper WRX_2full bumper.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	145497

Thanks for the input wrx309 ill have to look into those mods you've mentioned. I only got this car about 6 months ago. its my first wrx what do you think about my second render with the full blackout?

I Support ClubWRX
    I personally think it makes it look trashy, but that is just my opinion. Maybe look into getting the sideskirts color match painted red.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not a huge fan of that style but, if you like it go for it!

I agree with the front lip suggestion. It is a much cleaner way to add some styling up front.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I like it - try it with plastidip - you can always take it off

Thanks for the suggestions. I have actually stumbled across a photo somewhere where the front lip/splitter was attached, as well as this bumper blackout mod to the same model wrx. It looked pretty cool. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the photo again.

I Support ClubWRX
    I found this, still not sold but its not my car. If you want to give it a shot still do as poi88 said and use plastidip. If you don't like it you could simply remove it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	145505

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I agree, try it with plasti dip first. I don't personally like it but there is a guy in my town that did the exact same thing, so it's not totally unusual.

The way I would add some style up front is a lip, black headlight housings, and some bumper spats. Maybe and "i" impreza badge to replace the subaru "star" badge. Some would argue that's "cookie cutter." But to be honest, I'm a huge fan of optional and/or JDM exterior factory parts.