Anyone using Weathertech Window Deflectors with 2011-2014 WRX Hatch?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone using Weathertech Window Deflectors with 2011-2014 WRX Hatch? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've always had Weathertech Window deflectors on all my cars, but in doing some research for my 2014 WRX Hatchback, ...

Anyone using Weathertech Window Deflectors with 2011-2014 WRX Hatch?

I've always had Weathertech Window deflectors on all my cars, but in doing some research for my 2014 WRX Hatchback, a representative from Weathertech claims that their deflectors only fit the Sedan. Their website simply states "WRX Version" for their deflectors. Here is the link:

2013 Subaru Impreza / WRX / STI | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Rain Guards, Wind Deflectors | WeatherTech.com

I can't tell if the sales rep from Weathertech just doesn't know what he/she is talking about, or if there REALLY IS a difference in fitment between the Sedan and Hatch windows.

Has anyone actually used Weathertech Window deflectors on their hatchback model? Did you have any problems with fitment? I've read some horror stories about the rear window deflectors actually popping out while driving! But I can't be sure if those stories are from people who mistakenly used the regular Impreza deflectors instead of the WRX versions.

Help! I need to get some deflectors before the weather starts to really heat up in the summer. And I really don't like the Subaru OEM deflectors, but I guess I would have no choice if the Weathertechs don't fit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nobody?

I Support ClubWRX
    I've seen people use it. On a hatch.Fitment should be the same hatch or sedan.

Sent from my HTC One
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping to get a first-hand testimonial, however.

I realize that fitment "should" be the same, but the Weathertech customer service rep says otherwise. I'm really hoping that someone who actually uses them on a hatch will chime in.

I picked up the front deflectors 2nd hand. The guy I got them from said he had the rears, but they attach with tape and they blew off on the highway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Which deflectors were they? Do you know the part number?

I ask because Weathertech makes both "Impreza" and "Impreza WRX" deflectors. From what I gather, some people bought the regular "Impreza" deflectors and they didn't fit the WRX. Maybe that was the case with the guy you bought them from?

Anyways, my question should NOT be this hard to answer. But the simple fact that nobody seems to have first-hand experience with these deflectors makes me really wonder if they just simply do not fit.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew_V View Post
    Which deflectors were they? Do you know the part number?

I ask because Weathertech makes both "Impreza" and "Impreza WRX" deflectors. From what I gather, some people bought the regular "Impreza" deflectors and they didn't fit the WRX. Maybe that was the case with the guy you bought them from?

Anyways, my question should NOT be this hard to answer. But the simple fact that nobody seems to have first-hand experience with these deflectors makes me really wonder if they just simply do not fit.
    I checked Weathertech's site and it listed the same PN for both Impreza and WRX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I got the OEM Subaru deflectors for my '13 hatch and was pretty pleased...lots of good reviews on rallysportdirect.

I wanted to update this thread with my results. I bought the Weathertech visors, P/N 82472 and installed them properly. My car was basically brand new when I installed them, only a few months old. Cleaned the window channel and window thoroughly.

The fronts went in with no adhesive tape, just a friction fit by bending the visor into place. It locks into the channel due to the compression force. Works well.

The rears had adhesive tape affixed to the visors and the tape is supposed to hold them in place. The rear window frame is angled so that there is no way for the visors to be bent into place and held due to compression force like the front windows. Literally if there were no adhesive tape, they would fall right out of the channel.

After less than 1 month in the car, the adhesive has failed and the rear visors fell out of their channels. They cannot be re-inserted and the tape no longer holds. I called Weathertech and they are sending me some "spacers", but I very much doubt they will help at all. The next step is to send them back for refund, which I expect to do sometime in the next week or so. I thought I would be one of the lucky ones that actually had success with these things, but it didn't happen. They failed for me just like everyone else.

Bottom line: Weathertech window visors DO NOT WORK in the 2011-2014 WRX. Plain and simple. It appears that the OEM window visors from Subaru are the only worthwhile options. That will be my next purchase.

Hope this helps prevent someone from buying the Weathertech visors in the future.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.