Help, Hard water stains on brand new 2015 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Help, Hard water stains on brand new 2015 WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah I wonder if it's some sort of sealant used for washing the car......

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I wonder if it's some sort of sealant used for washing the car...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's been the same thing on some people's wheels. Happened to my stocks. Spray it on but don't spray off and the brake dust settles in streaks under the clearcoat. Probably the same thing but water stains for not wiping it off properly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

First, sorry if this whole thread is in the wrong section... I just noticed there is a 'Detailing' forum right below this one.

I went back to the car dealer and they took a look and agreed something was wrong with the glass. Of course, they offered no possible causes for this, but I have a hunch their service department sprayed the wrong thing on my car while prepping it. Maybe using wheel cleaner on my glass by mistake... I don't know.

I let them attempt to fix a portion of one window, and the only way they could make the glass clear was by using a light rubbing compound. It seems to have taken away 99.5% of the problem and I'm sure with some more work it could be 100% right. However, I don't trust them to do a perfect job so I will likely go to a professional detailer to work on all of the windows.

This is a brand new car and something wrong happened either in shipping or dealer prep, so I called Subaru of America to inform them of what was going on. The woman on the phone said she was going to follow up with the dealership to get some answers and get back to me.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, and be sure to thoroughly inspect your cars before you drive off the lot! I learned so valuable lessons here.

One of the AMMONYC YouTube videos shows how he uses a razor to clean glass.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk4
    2013 WRX Premium Hatch DGM

If u go for a professional detailing, id try to have the guy from AMMMONYC detailing do it. He does the modt exotic and some Seriously expensive cars and take lots of pride in his work! Id trust him and go to him for a project like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Any glass Polish should do the trick. I use one from Griot's that polishes all grime and pits off the windshield. You will need a DA or rotary polisher for best results.
    P.S. I also have a 15' WRX and have no pain or water spot problems even though my sprinklers hit my car with hard water. The spots come right off with soap and water.
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Too new for mods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12