Midpipe to Y pipe not connected

This is a discussion on Midpipe to Y pipe not connected within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I had my catalytic converter replaced because it was bad (CEL, idle was a bit weird)... Now with the ...

Midpipe to Y pipe not connected

So I had my catalytic converter replaced because it was bad (CEL, idle was a bit weird)... Now with the new cat, I hear this exhaust tick/leak towards the back of the car. Got under and checked and the mid pipe isn't even connected to the y pipe. it's just kinda sitting in there.

Is that usually welded or is there a gasket that should be there? If so, where would it have went? deteriorated and fell out possibly?

I quickly did a search and came across a forum that said it was a gasket -- Welker 31556 to be exact. Please confirm.

This is SPT exhaust btw. I'm not sure if it's from the factory or aftermarket... I am the second owner of the car. I believe it's aftermarket. It isn't the double tail-pipes, it's the single tail-pipe mufflers.

it's a 2010 Subaru WRX Sedan by the way... that might be important to know...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just get a new gasket up in there and bolt it up...not really a big deal.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying