View Poll Results: RED wrx hatch rims?!

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

18 81.82%
  • Gold

4 18.18%
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx hatch painted rims within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, I want opinions on what color I should paint my rims (fixing some road rash) . I have ...

2011 wrx hatch painted rims

Hello everyone,

I want opinions on what color I should paint my rims (fixing some road rash)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	143625Click image for larger version. 

Views:	69 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	143633Click image for larger version. 

Views:	67 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	143641Click image for larger version. 

Views:	67 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	143649. I have a '11 WRX Hatch RED. I have made the side emblems black already along with red/ black front/rear emblems. Car is also 20% tinted around.

I am thinking black rims but gold intrigues me. What do you guys think?!?! I know there is a search feature but I wanted to make a "poll" on what you all think!

Ok go.... Black or gold!!

CHIVE ON!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you want to add pictures of what you did to your RED WRX... Please do! Seeing is believing..

I Support ClubWRX
    sand the wheels and plasti dip them you cant go wrong with white.
    Or maybe a dark bronze/copper

NASIOC Red Thread
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    sand the wheels and plasti dip them you cant go wrong with white.
    Or maybe a dark bronze/copper

NASIOC Red Thread
    I'm going to do the VHT engine enamel.

I'm doing it in the process of the thread "paint rims for $60".
    Seems like it will weather the seasons a little better. Eventually I will powder coat.

White could be interesting.

I Support ClubWRX
    That was me 2 years ago but my car see a lot of miles so i gets a little more abuse from the road.
    If you paint them take the time to sand and prime them a few times. Also make sure you let the paint cure for a day.
    The VHT is a nicer color since it a little darker then the Grimmspeed gold I think It would look good with the red. While you have the wheels off paint the calipers.
    At times I wish I plasti dipped them wheels a lot easier but if I had the choice I would powder coat them.
    KCCO
    Last edited by cflip2x; 04-11-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Great info, thanks! That link was good to look at too! I like the suggestion you had with the calipers too.

Honestly i think both would look good. Cant go wrong with black on a read car. And I have a friend who had a 06/07 wrx with gold xxr 522 wheels on it. I thought it would look terrible, but i really liked it once i saw it in person. Now red on gold looks sexy to me. Gold got my vote!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	143809Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	143817Well I took the plunge and went BLACK!!

They came out awesome and with tons of time/ patience/ and proper prep they were completed!!

Sorry the pictures are sidewards.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.