Abused subaru

This is a discussion on Abused subaru within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I my step father has a 2004 Subaru impreza wrx sti and he has been neglecting it. I am ...

Abused subaru

Hello, I my step father has a 2004 Subaru impreza wrx sti and he has been neglecting it. I am currently looking to fix it up and bring it to it's once greatness. The battery died so he stopped using it. It has just sat for about 3 years. Also the sunroof leaked and it is moldy on the interior. Where do you think I should start to revive this beautiful machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would start by doing all routine maintenance. Fluid changes etc

Sent from HTC One via Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Get teg car indoors so you can leave it safely with the windows open. Get a fresh battery. Change the oil and filter. I'd be tempted to remove the plugs, squirt oil into the cylinders directly trying to spread it around as much as possible, cap the holes with tape and walk away for a day or two. Then I'd turn the motor over either slowly by hand by using a bar on the crank bolt or very carefully using just a few spins from the starter. Finally if all seems OK I'd replace the plugs. I'd look closely at the fuel in it; I'd probably drain the tank and replace with fresh fuel. Since the car is ten years old if the timing belt has not been replaced then it's overdue regardless of how many miles have or have not been traveled. However that's a job and a half with its own thread; search for DIY on that. I'd first focus on getting the car running, then I'd do the timing stuff next weekend.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Check the tires too...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

If it has a Sunroof, it's not an STI for starters...

Definitely looking at an oil change, checking to see if it cranks like SD above said, and draining the fuel tank and replacing with fresh 93 octane.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Give it to me.