do LED tail lights need rewiring?

This is a discussion on do LED tail lights need rewiring? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows if it's required to do rewiring to switch from stock tail lights to ...

do LED tail lights need rewiring?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows if it's required to do rewiring to switch from stock tail lights to the stock looking LED tail lights or if they just connect right into the stock connectors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    LED tail lights or LED bulbs? I swapped out my bulbs for LED bulbs and I needed to install a new flasher module otherwise I would need to wire in load resistors.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I'm wanting to ones like these where it's the whole assembly with the LEDs already in them

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageFromDB.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	142593

Ohhh...Ebay specials. I'd imagine the manufacturer could tell you whether you need to do any splicing or anything. I imagine there'd have to be some kind of harness or splicing considering you're no longer using a bulb, so the stock connector wouldn't work.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I take it you've come across this kind of tail light before, I did see them on eBay but saw them first on a few different websites. I don't think they are that bad looking, I mean they look just like the original tail lights and have red lenses where the brake light is, they just have LEDs instead of the standard bulb, kinda gives it a newer tech look I think anyway.

I Support ClubWRX
    Depo 08 11 Subaru Impreza 4D Red Clear JDM LED Tail Lights Lamps WRX STI GE GH | eBay

check out some of the pics it shows the "connectors" you could tap into the existing wiring
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX