2 questions.

This is a discussion on 2 questions. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, just have 2 questions for you all. 2008 WRX. First off, while I was in the grocery store ...

2 questions.

Hey guys, just have 2 questions for you all. 2008 WRX.

First off, while I was in the grocery store the other day some &^*%$ hit my front bumper and left a nice crack in her. I've looked into purchasing a new one but even with insurance coverage that's a $500 deductible. Is there any way to fix it with a fiberglass repair kit or am I better off just sucking it up til I can afford the repair?

I'll start the second question with a disclaimer: I don't know jack about wheels; I know I have 17x7's stock on there, but have no idea what an offset is even. That said, I'd like to make some cosmetic changes to the car, including the wheels. So, at the risk of sounding stupid, will these guys fit?

Obviously since the cracked bumper isn't financially feasible, I won't be spending money on the wheels any time soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    if you can please post pics of the bumper
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    For your second question, click on this link, scroll down to the "Wheel Tech" header, and you should find an answer to almost any question there is about wheels.
    http://www.tirerack.com/about/techcenter.jsp

When shopping for wheels try and stick to as close to stock offset as you can, that will provide you with best performance. But often with wheels you may find yourself balancing looks and performance. Some lower offset wheels look really cool. You'll have to decide what's the most important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    if you can please post pics of the bumper
    I will when I can, but right now she's in the shop. I should get her back mid-week.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    For your second question, click on this link, scroll down to the "Wheel Tech" header, and you should find an answer to almost any question there is about wheels.
    http://www.tirerack.com/about/techcenter.jsp

When shopping for wheels try and stick to as close to stock offset as you can, that will provide you with best performance. But often with wheels you may find yourself balancing looks and performance. Some lower offset wheels look really cool. You'll have to decide what's the most important to you.
    This is a huge help with the wheels, thank you so much. Again it isn't something I'm going to be able to do for a while, but that just gives me plenty of time to learn.

Just get your bumper replaced professionally when you can afford.