Need help finding bumper parts
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help finding bumper parts within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So slid in the snow today and hit a mount of dirt. When I got home I found no real ...

So slid in the snow today and hit a mount of dirt. When I got home I found no real damage except I'm missing pieces of my front bumper!

I'm missing the piece that covers the tow hook hole and the air flow vent looking thing on the side of the bumper. Also I'm missing two of the push screws (plastic) that hold in the front of the wheel well cover. They all just popped off when i hit.

Does anyone know where to find these things? I know I can go to a body shop and have them get them for me but they will up charge a bunch I'm sure and they literally pop in. I'd love to order them online and install myself if possible. Thanks! Car info is in sig.
    2013 DGM Hatch WRX - STI STS currently only mod

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you go back and look ? I wasn't expecting to - but I found parts from my car once where I hit

Also nice name

As far as those pop-pins go, your subaru shop should have those in stock. I literally had a similar situation happen to me a couple months ago, slid into a ditch in a big snow storm. (stock tires are crap in snow!)Luckily the only thing that happened was i lost the 3 pop-pins on the passenger side front fender well, same as you. When i took my car in for an oil change they replaced them for free under warranty. Remember your car should have a 3 year/30k mile bumper to bumper warranty. So check that out. As far as the pieces to your bumper, I cannot speak as to if the warranty will replace those or not.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Yeah I'm gonna check back there tomorrow for the parts. The irony of the situation is I just put the summer tires back on because we were supposed to have warm weather from here on. Surprise snow storm

If anyone knows of a place other than the dealer please chime in. Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Search Search Hurry up and search.

ebay has carbon fiber vents 08 11 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Front Bumper Air Duct Vent Set GRB | eBay

you may also want to put a feeler for anyone who has installed a license plate relocate kit

Other then those locations you can always order them online but i dont believe they are painted. The site seems slow and the bumper is showing a 08-10 sti but just need to try other years for the part numbers
    2013 Subaru Impreza Parts - Subaru OEM Parts Accessories | Buy Genuine Subaru Parts Wholesale
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I might have the piece you are looking for, I just got a new front bumper my car is DGM as well.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Thanks all for replies. In fact I went back today and dug through the snow and grime and found both pieces about 10 feet away. Both looking good after cleanup expect for a broken clip I glued back on. Still missing the push screws but I have extras from installing mudflaps so that worked out.

Wanted to add one last thing. Anyone who was debating whether or not the stock tires are safe for snow driving I did an actual test and these were the results. They are not just like any other car you've driven in the snow without snow tires. They are like ice skates! Please for your own safety and the safety of your car get AT or snow/winter tires. It makes a huge difference!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.