Coilovers???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Coilovers??? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok EVERYONE any coilover recommendations? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Coilovers???

Ok EVERYONE any coilover recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What do you want them for?

If you are just looking for a little improvement in ride quality and a small drop, you would be better off getting a good set of springs/struts. RCE Blacks and Koni Yellows are a popular option.

I always understood coilovers to give a better ride then springs.I don't want to hit a bump and still bouncing a half mile down the road.I want to get a better stance with comfort if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    What do you want them for?

If you are just looking for a little improvement in ride quality and a small drop, you would be better off getting a good set of springs/struts. RCE Blacks and Koni Yellows are a popular option.
    THIS. But if you want to go lower and get a more aggressive stance then there are a few popular ones out there. Now these will bring up arguments, as one person will say they have terrible ride comfort and others will swear by them. Its all a matter of preference really. A few companies to look at, Feal, BC, Ksport.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Good set of springs and struts will not give the bounce effect. Cheap coilovers certainly will though, i have seen it many times. If you want coilovers then be prepared to drop anywhere from 1000-1500 for a decent pair.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

I was looking at the Ksport kontrol pro damper???

I recommend H&R Street coilovers.
    '02 Sentra SE-R Spec V SOLD
    '13 SWP WRX 4-door
    -Invidia Q300 cat-back-Cobb AP Stage 1 v331-

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Good set of springs and struts will not give the bounce effect. Cheap coilovers certainly will though, i have seen it many times. If you want coilovers then be prepared to drop anywhere from 1000-1500 for a decent pair.
    More like $2000-2500...
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I wouldn't recommend coilovers for a street car. Some lowering springs that work with stock struts will get you a drop, comfort, and won't destroy your handling unlike when you will inevitably incorrectly setup the coilovers. Coilovers and they're adjustments are not meant for looks. But if you want that aggressive "stance," "flush," "hella" look then you will have to go with coilovers I guess.

Suspension Supersticky: Springs, Coilovers, Swaybars, S-Techs, fitment, tech, more! - NASIOC

The long awaited Coilover FAQ! - NASIOC

Spring/Strut/Coilover FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying them! - NASIOC

Just looking to drop it a little but don't want to lose any ride comfort and I don't want to hit a bump and still be bouncing half mile down the road.That being said are there any springs you recommend for springs with stock struts?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    What year is your car? Things like epic engineering, eibach pro kit, RCE regular guy springs, STi Pinks, aren't bad if you're just looking for a small drop and comfort. Some drop more than others, some perform better than others. Stay away from Tein S-Techs.

I'm not keen on all the springs outside of the GD chassis, my suggestions right there are mixed and not specific to any year, so hopefully somebody will get you set up with a good recommendation.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 03-30-2014 at 10:25 AM.

05 thanks for all the input I definetly appreciate it.New to the whole Subaru game

I Support ClubWRX
    What's your budget? There are a few options we can go with...

We'll that depends.Which is the better route for me springs or coilovers.Looking for a little drop inch to inch and a half tops but still have the ride comfort.No bouncing like a basketball lol

Really it all depends, im sure ill get heat for this, but i had the Ksport Kontrol pro coilovers on my 08 and I loved them. The ride was not bouncy and the room for adjustability was awesome. i had mine done at a shop that way they were done right and never had an issue. Any time you lower a car you will feel the bumps alot more than at stock ride height. If i remember i paid like 1100 for my ksports, and honestly, I would buy them again. Just my .02 cents.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast