Fender envy...it's getting worse!!!

This is a discussion on Fender envy...it's getting worse!!! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok...I have a 2010 wrx sedan premium, which I love. But getting on here and seeing the 2011-14 models is ...

Fender envy...it's getting worse!!!

Ok...I have a 2010 wrx sedan premium, which I love. But getting on here and seeing the 2011-14 models is starting to get to me.

I did some electrical work at a dealership...and of course there was a 2014 wrx just taunting me.

Is anyone else feeling this? I mean I like my car, but the wide bodies just look so much more aggressive.

My car is stock, with only 29,800 miles. I'm already contemplating switching out for a 2011. I may lose the sun roof and heated seats...but those aren't used a whole lot. Someone stop this kind of mad thinking!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What color is your car? If your need fenders that bad then go for it its up to you but if the car is paid for and is just fine other then the looks do what you must though I would suggest against it if its going to cost you more money.

someone on NASIOC is working on a possible solution 08-10 wrx wide body fender flares are coming! - NASIOC
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Well honestly it's not just the fenders, I love the front and rear bumpers as well. this may just be a phase lol. But it has been bugging me more lately.

It's silver. No it's not paid for, I still owe about 15k. I glanced at some on auto trader and found some around 22k, 23k. Mine lists about 21k private party. If I could get closer to my value, and find a great deal...and only have to finance a little more than I owe, then I may consider. That's best case scenario though lol.

Yea I saw that thread about fenders for the 08-10, I just have my doubts. If they require major modification/drilling...count me out.
    Last edited by tesla317; 03-24-2014 at 03:36 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Very true about the fenders but its just an idea. If your car is in perfect running condition I dont see the point in changing it esp if its going to cost you some.
    What has been done to it? Wheels Coil overs?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

No it's stock other than stage 1.

When I got it used it had already been tinted well. It also had a viper security system. And Kenwood head unit, Kenwood power amp, polk audio sub as well. 15,000 miles for 24k. It's a premium too.

I just purchased some shifter bushings and short shifter from cobb. Whiteline positive shift kit. And an sti group n tranny mount. Thought that would help with the driving experience.

Last edited by tesla317; 03-24-2014 at 06:40 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I say check out the NASIOC and see what other people did to their cars to get some ideas. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1782613
    Its easy for me to say that since I have a 12 but I cant see selling your car and owing more just for fenders and maybe a different color.
    Maybe plasti dip your car a different color and get some new wheels.

look at the silver one with orange wheels (pg 425) doesn't look bad and I do like the spoiler

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I'm on there as we speak lol. If I start dropping big money out well be for stage 2, so I'm kinda trying to figure out small and subtle to do here and there. I've done plenty of plasti-dip. I've kept it tasteful. I'm just trying to figure out some unique touches... I just wanna give it a little more aggressiveness, I'm just not sure the best way to achieve it. Thanks for the input.

Good looking car IMO :P Check out the 2008-2010 Sedan thread on NASIOC. People have some really good wheel/color combo's. It is starting to get to me also though, I say if you can afford it, go for it. The new one's look so much better and i'm considering as well.

2008-2010 WRX Sedans - NASIOC