Is it worth the money? (Body Image Issues - hah)

This is a discussion on Is it worth the money? (Body Image Issues - hah) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hiya! I'm curious, and seeking outside opinions on something. My car is only two years old now. 23,000 some odd ...

Is it worth the money? (Body Image Issues - hah)

Hiya!

I'm curious, and seeking outside opinions on something.

My car is only two years old now. 23,000 some odd miles. OBP 2012 WRX Limited, brand new from factory when I got it. I try to take care of it as best I know how. I live in Colorado, and the roads here tend to not be in the driver's favor.

My front bumper has some damage already. Tons of road rash, some jerkface scraped into it slightly in a parking lot, there's a 4 inch crack on the bottom of the lip, which is only a few months younger than the car itself (underneath where the tow hook goes). We've tried getting quotes on what it would take to fix everything. (Estimates are usually $800.00+). To me, this car isn't the greatest, most powerful car on the planet. Sometimes it feels like it's made out of tinfoil and the melted down Lego pieces of some child's long forgotten past. However, I can't help but love it for its performance and style.

My question then becomes... Is it really worth it to spend that much on the bumper? It's not really noticeable unless you're up close and inspecting everything like someone with far too much time on their hands. Or if it's really sunny out...

Are there ways to "cover the scars"? I thought about using some of those JDM band-aid decals.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not worth 800, unless the crack is huge and requires a lot of repair. I had my cracked and battered front bumper, fenders with overcoat cracking, and entire hood all fixed and painted professionaly for 900, and 300 of that was paint. Front bumper should be around 400-500. If u lived in fl I'd recommend my shop!

However if that's the cheapest quote you've gotten and can achieve, yeah I'd pay to get my car fixed like New again. I take pride in how rare they are around here.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    post some pics of the scratches. Im guessing the cracks are where everyone else gets them you can probably take the bumper off and get a bondo patch or get a cheap front lip.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    It's up to you really. If you don't care then no. If it really bothers you then yes.

I will say that if you at some point decide to get rid of the car it would become pretty important to get that fixed.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I'd look for a used one and slap it on.

Car-part.com
    Randy-
    2011 WRX limited
    02 blaze Wrx-sold
    04 Wrx pos- sold
    99 forester
    People say I'm like the girl next door,
    Y'all must have some really weird neighbors-Kelly Clarkson