Front Bumper Crack!!!

This is a discussion on Front Bumper Crack!!! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Shortly after buying my 08 STI from a dealer, I took off the bumper to install my hellas and I ...

Front Bumper Crack!!!

Shortly after buying my 08 STI from a dealer, I took off the bumper to install my hellas and I noticed cracks and body filler along the underside of the bumper along with missing paint. After a night of a couple inches of the white stuff falling, I drove to work the next morning. Upon arriving to work I noticed that the cracks were larger and the body filler failed and broke off. I had a 2 month warranty on the car which i believe was a bumper to bumper. I contacted the dealer and they said they said nope on replacing the ****ty piece of **** bumper. I was thinking of reporting it to the better business bureau as this car was sold to me with a failing part, they just made its only imperfection on very hidden. I hit nothing on this drive to work and dont think bumpers should fail when driving through snow. I need some advice on what to do.

Thanks
    Ken
    Last edited by KenFerrari13; 03-13-2014 at 08:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would look up state laws, I know most states don't cover that kind of stuff cause the dealership prob didn't even know it was wrecked. All they do is an quick inspection, make sure the car runs right, a detail then it's on the show room floor. If the dealer wants your future business they will fix it, but in most cases they won't and it sucks. Best of luck man, and only thing I can say that might help is try to be nice at the dealer so they feel bad and want to help.

Something very similar happened to me. I ended up having to go through my insurance and pay the deductible. Good luck!