Perrin wing riser for wrx hatchback 2014 Black

This is a discussion on Perrin wing riser for wrx hatchback 2014 Black within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What are your thoughts on a rised wing for hatches?...

Perrin wing riser for wrx hatchback 2014 Black

What are your thoughts on a rised wing for hatches?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think they look cool but I heard they limit how far you can open you hatch

Aside from Perrin, what are the other strong brands when it comes to rear wing spoilers? Thanks!

I actually did some research on this today. The Perrin raised wing does limit how far you can open your hatch, but comes with adjustable cables... Still, seems like that might get annoying making sure the cables are tucked away each time and not having full access, etc.

There are two other ones that I have found that are specific to the WRX Hatch.

Knock off Prodrive wings on ebay. They mimic what the Subaru Rally Team runs. (The actual Prodrives are CRAZY Expensive).

The other wing (which I personally like) is the Blacktop Aero. Seems like it is from Japan or something and I can not actually find a OEM website for it. Seems like it is available in different places online though if you do some searching.

The Prodrive:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-subaru-impreza-wrc.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	138481

The Blacktop Aero:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rearsideweb.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	138489

I Support ClubWRX
    Someone posted something about if you put the risers (expensive spacers) on the center mounts you should be able to open the hatch all the way.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Has anyone seen the one from crawford performance rear spoiler for the hatch? It is suppose to be 4" longer then the stock one. has anyone seen one on a hatch or has a picture then can post.

looking for one that really works. not just for looks

Has anyone looked into a DIY wing riser kit? I can't find anything anywhere about it. I would love to do it but def don't want to shell out that kind of dough to Perrin. It's just some spacers and some cables!!