2006 WRX STI suspension and wheel upgrade advice
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX STI suspension and wheel upgrade advice within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I just bought a 2006 STI with a few minor power mods but no suspention or wheel mods. ...

2006 WRX STI suspension and wheel upgrade advice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slammed-STI.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	137737 Hey guys, I just bought a 2006 STI with a few minor power mods but no suspention or wheel mods. I want to achieve a look similar to the picture without cambering the wheels. and i really dont want any rubbing. any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ...uhmm, then stay as far away from that style as you can. That's *all about* camber, offset, and rubbing. They call it a "lifestyle" lol. I guess you could call buying tires way early, destroying the lower side of your car, destroying the cars handling abilities, and all around making it good for nothing but taking pictures of; a lifestyle. 'Stancing' a car is not an upgrade in my book.

Why don't you post a pic of what you already have. I'm assuming you have the STi BBS wheels? Anyway, you should let us know of your priorities and preferences:

looks
    handling ability
    price
    SCCA events/track capabilities
    daily driver
    comfort
    offroad ability

or straight 'hellaflush'

...stuff like that. I'm a huge fan of the STi suspension to begin with, they come pretty well of from the factory...big brembos, great shocks, good tires, excellent wheels.

This is the car. i want to make it a little lower for the summer but i still want to drive it in the winter, im thinking adjustable coilovers? and id like bigger summer rims for a little lower profile, just to make the car look a bit more aggressive! and im open to suggestions! thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1690.jpg  

and i havent heard good things about the stock sti struts... my back drivers side strut needs to be replaced.. so i figured i should just spend the money and get coil overs. and i bought it with only winter tires haha

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    First off, I really like that color and love your wheels. Do you plan on tracking or AutoX-ing the car?

thanks man! its a pretty cool silver (stone silver pearl). i wont be racing it anytime soon. but i am thinking maybe il get some 18" Enkei RPF1 rims? either chrome or alloy.. i will be keeping the stock rims and tires for winter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.