Scrapes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Scrapes within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Curious about what everyone /thinks/does about superficial scrapes. This winter has a done a number on my 14 wrx. I ...

Scrapes

Curious about what everyone /thinks/does about superficial scrapes. This winter has a done a number on my 14 wrx. I never used auto washes before and 2 weeks ago It was so cold I said screw it and went through an auto wash, a very nice clean, well maintained one. A week goes by it warms up and i finally get a chance to hand wash, (I always hand wash) while washing my car I notice scrapes under my side skirts and a little bit of a pinch, I'm still not over it, and the body shop quoted me $500 to repair. So just wondering what you guys think about stuff like this and if it's even worth it to shell out that kinda loot for something that you don't even see or notice??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's a Subaru, just looking at the paint will scratch it.

I only use touch less care washes during winter time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you from ? I just heard about them . I'm in NJ. I don't think there are any around my way. I wanted to take my car there . I'm just waiting for this winter to be over so I can get it detailed

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I've only been through an automated wash once...and I will never be back. Even the touchless ones seem to double the amount of swirls on my paint, plus I have black paint. I just hand wash my car once every couple months in the winter and once every month in the summer. I don't make it a big deal, but on my car it shouldn't be. It's old, and has tons of parking lot door dings, a bit of hail damage, and a few love taps from other parkers on campus. But it suits me, I'd rather have a tough car with a story than a clean car with none.

It hurts me when it happens, but later I don't give a crap tbh. I look at my car as a something I'm going to get an experience out of, ...and looks never take a front seat to entertainment. I look at it as kinks in the armour, every dent has an insane story of Subaru escapades lol.

Now that I've romanticized it, if the fix is worth it to you, then I would do it. Maybe you should post some pics of the damage to give you a better suggestion.

Yea I agree first time thru automated, never again, I was thinking instead of fixing them I was just goin to get the sideskirt kit, ya know those polyurethane side skirts instead, they will hide the scrapes, it's just scrapes underneath the rocker arms/side skirts. I can't justify spending $500 to fix scrapes. As soon as the weather gets better ill apply touch up paint and use a heat gun to depress the little protrusion/kink. Pictures are redundant it's so small you can't even see it from a picture let alone in person unless you know the car and your really looking. I agree I told myself it's a subaru wrx you bought it for real world driving and withstanding the elements but it still pisses me off the car is only 6 mos old. I live on the north east coast, tri state area and we had a hell of a winter. Potholes everywhere etc. but again that was the whole reason I bought a wrx, I thought I wouldn't care much about keeping it showroom new, but it still burns my ass

How do u post pics? I see the lil pic frame icon but whenever I try to upload it doesn't have like an ok button after you choose the photo you want

Yea don't use those washes, I went to a very high end one, not a dinky dink gas station and it still did damage. It was recommended to me by my cousin who is in the auto industry

I'll stick to washing it myself or take it to a place that details that I've dealt with before . I've never been anywhere yet since I've put dip on wheels n roof

Where you reply there is a box at the bottom of the screen in the middle . Tap on that , it should allow you to post pics

Ok thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lemme know if u guys can see it, or would bother, thanks

This winter Is terrible n we are getting another storm tonight . When I drive I think I'm playing frogger. Potholes suck . They are like sink holes . I just ordered a bunch a stuff from chemical guys . I'm gonna clean my car myself until the spring n then pay to have it done . There are 4 places I have in mind .2 are north Nj n 2 or south Nj

Yup big storm tonight/tommorow. I know I dodge every pot hole, like a champ. What do u think did u see the damage??

Chick you can detail yourself, I do, I have all high end industry products. Do you know anyone in the auto industry that can hook you up with some products ?? In the summer/spring every wash is a detail job

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast