2014 Fog Lights?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 Fog Lights? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I found the stock fog lights pretty useless. Of course my car being brand new I didn't want to go ...

I Support ClubWRX

2014 Fog Lights?

I found the stock fog lights pretty useless. Of course my car being brand new I didn't want to go dep surgery or other tap wiremods (or add a bar) nor did I want a gimmicky "fix". So I opted for a decent improvement for low dollars. OK it screams gimmicky!!

My solution? Hella Optilux HB4 9006 55W Extreme Yellow XY Bulbs - no kidding they actually work and can be had under $20 for a pair. Not only do they look sweet (IMHO), on foggy morning drives they illuminate through the crud pretty well. I recommend them if you want to go yellow/amber.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Couldn't agree more. Turn off foglights nothing happens (as far as appearance or visibility) . Use to drive 12 civic si fogs were like driving lights. Where did you buy these yellow bulbs?
    Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Fog lights shouldn't be exactly like driving lights, in fact that might be worse in real nasty fog or snow.

Yellow does help and they are low down, yet visible and wide.

I got mine from Amazon Prime. But you can just google this: Hella Optilux HB4 9006 55W Extreme Yellow XY Bulbs

Yup looked there. One seller was JCWhitney and they said this bulb wasn't compatible to 14 wrx.
    So if you put them on you 14 wrx? Then I guess I will invest $25 and try them. I do like the yellow look on other cars I have seen.

I Support ClubWRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Also I think Pep Boys and some others sell them.

Thanks

Appreciate this thread, was looking to get some yellow bulbs myself for my 2014 wrx. I haven't looked yet but are they fairly ease to replace?

I Support ClubWRX
    Super easy, especially if you have ramps. Just come from underneath.

Great, I do have a set of ramps. Appreciate the reply.

Im interested in getting a pair of bulbs. can u post a pic if the on? I have the yellow overlays but stock bulbs arent as bright as id like them to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    It's too light right now for pics If I remember, maybe next weekend I can take pics, I'm a busy pooch.

Oh and here are the steps.

It's pretty self explanatory I figured it out on my own -so to save you a little hassle:

Get your car on some good ramps. I love RACE RAMPS. Then climb under car.

1) Look up
    2) See the area behind the fog light, with a smaller section of black plastic cover - this piece sort of folds down after removing fasteners
    3) Note that it's held on with a single bolt and two clips (2 as I recall....).
    4) Remove bolt (10mm) and clips (I use a flat blade screwdriver)
    5) Just pull the piece down and you will be staring at the back of the fog light.
    6) The new bulb will be a tight fit in the socket - all my 9005/9006 size bulbs have been a tight fit.
    7 ) Plug the connector back in and put the cover on.

Pretty simple. The bulbs are better than stock, but I sure wish someone made a brighter yellow bulb.

I have some ideas for that.
    Last edited by Oilypablo; 04-02-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Changed bolt head size

The shield inside the housing is the culprit of crappy light. Now that IPF discontinued their lights, I'm wondering if a set of halogen projectors could be retrofitted.
    '14 SWP STI

Okkk np

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice idea,,,i was actually thinking the same thing the few times I've had my 2014 out at night. Fogs are useless....I like the look of the yellow contrasting with the HID's for the low beams (had it a month and still have my boring civic lease so the WRX isn't my DD yet )
    2014 Subaru WRX Limited Sedan in Crystal Black Silica
    Mods - STi Short Throw Shifter w/ Cobb Bushings, Cobb Tuning Race Red Shift Knob, Totsubo Front License Plate Mount, Corsa CBE
    2009 Acura RDX w/ Tech Package in Grigio Metallic

Retired: 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS 5-speed, 2005 Acura RSX Type-S 6-speed, 2010 Honda Accord Couple EX-L V6 6-speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast