2014 Fog Lights? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2014 Fog Lights? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; //IPF fogs with stock hid's Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk...

//IPF fogs with stock hid's

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi everyone, I just installed these bulbs and wanted to follow up on Oilypablo's post.

Everything about the instructions were spot on with the exception of the socket size, I used a 10mm. Here are a few pictures I took to document the process. One more thing to note, after removing the 2 push-pin clips and 10mm bolt the plastic shield will hang down enough with plenty of room to work. I did not have to completely remove the plastic piece to get to each bulb. Just as Oilypablo suggested, I used ramps for easy access. On to the pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	142217

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	142209

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	142201

Name:	04.jpg 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	142193

Name:	05.jpg 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	142185

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	142225

Thanks man those pics are perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sat in my garage in the dark and could not see any change when I turned the fog lights on or off with my 2014. Really pathetic.

My question is, do the fogs (even with the new yellow bulbs) actually DO anything productive, or are they just for show? That is, assuming you have your low beams turned on, do the fogs add any value? I doubt anyone is really running with their fogs and not their low beams anyway.

If the fogs don't ADD to the low beams, then I won't even bother upgrading them to the yellows. To be honest, I got my fogs along with the premium package just so I could get the all-weather package anyway. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have added the fogs.

Quote Originally Posted by nick2014wrx View Post
    Thanks man those pics are perfect!
    Np, happy they helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew_V View Post
    I've sat in my garage in the dark and could not see any change when I turned the fog lights on or off with my 2014. Really pathetic.

My question is, do the fogs (even with the new yellow bulbs) actually DO anything productive, or are they just for show? That is, assuming you have your low beams turned on, do the fogs add any value? I doubt anyone is really running with their fogs and not their low beams anyway.

If the fogs don't ADD to the low beams, then I won't even bother upgrading them to the yellows. To be honest, I got my fogs along with the premium package just so I could get the all-weather package anyway. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have added the fogs.
    The housing has a shield in it that doesnt let out a lot of light. The IPF fogs had no shield and you can see the difference. Now they are not being produced anymore. A retrofit with halogen or HID projector is my goal. Im only concerned about the ability to aim them.

I actually have a non fog blinker stalk and swp covers that came boxed from factory if you thought about taking them out
    '14 SWP STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Is it possible to open the factory fog housing?

OK I think in real fog and snow and heavy rain the Optilux Yellow Hellas do help a bit and really are worth the money. But I'm just needing more light..........so I'm kicking it up on notch. I got the yellow lens paint and just ordered two Philips 9012's.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

I Support ClubWRX
    I just ordered these yellow covers.

Subaru STI (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) Fog Light Covers

I'll save the paint for later, I just don't have time to properly paint right now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    The housing has a shield in it that doesnt let out a lot of light.
    Is it possible or desirable to remove that shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    Is it possible to open the factory fog housing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    Is it possible or desirable to remove that shield?
    My gut tells me it would not be easy to simply to remove the shield. Also not sure about being able to open it. I'm sure I could frankenstein this somehow. I won't be attempting it until later in the year.
    '14 SWP STI

I Support ClubWRX
    I had that same feeling - last time I was looking under the car I didn't even think about it, hence my asking. Thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just tested the Yellow Lamin-X film and 9012 HIR bulbs. They are brighter than the Hella 9006's, slightly. I took the whole fog light assembly out, the Lamin-X film install was a snap and the trimmed 9012 HIR's fit perfectly. I cleaned and razor bladed the lens surface first as there was some type of tape adhesive residue on the lens I had not noticed before. All in all - not as orange-yellow as the Hella, but yellow bright never the less.

As for the design of the lamp assembly and blocker cap for the bulb. I suppose one could indeed open the assembly and remove that cap, but I was not feeling adventurous and had a ton of stuff to do. I would love for someone to enter that forbidden zone!

Also, no one has mentioned there is an adjustment screw with a white gear inside. Has anyone adjusted them?

I Support ClubWRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.