9011 Toshiba HIR1 bulbs

This is a discussion on 9011 Toshiba HIR1 bulbs within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone put 9011 Toshiba HIR1 bulbs on their 2011-2014?...

I Support ClubWRX

9011 Toshiba HIR1 bulbs

Has anyone put 9011 Toshiba HIR1 bulbs on their 2011-2014?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No one?

Just checking if someone tried the hi-beam 9011 (65W) for 9005 (60W) mod (I've done this on several other cars with no issues)

I am currently using the Philips 9011 now and after the tab modification and they fit great. No real gripes about the Hi beam output, I just came across 4 (AC Delco) Toshiba 9011's and just had to use them. 9011 Toshiba HIR1 are NLA and it looks like Philips 9011 fills the niche nicely, it's just they are not true HIR1.

The problem is 9011 Toshiba HIR1 don't fit my WRX as easily as the Philips 9011, and it has nothing to do with the tab modification, or tab thickness. The main problem so far is the OD of the plastic base right where it inserts in the high beam reflector base, it's just super tight and constructed slightly differently - of course it accepts any normal 9005. So I removed the o-ring temporarily from the Toshiba HIR1 (9011) and took some plastic off the OD with a file and emery paper to keep it as round as possible. I am making progress, but it's a huge PITA. Anyone fight this battle before?

Some folks on other forums noted the driver's side is tighter than the passenger side. I have not verified on the passenger side, but I hope it's a bit looser. Reluctant to use silicone grease for fitting.

Mine were tight too. But a little sanding and they fit great. My high beam output nearly doubled with them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yousa - installed and very bright! Nice!!