WRX hatch taillight tint removal? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX hatch taillight tint removal? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Heck ya! I've used six of these kits(I should have been charging lol) and they start with sandpaper! Its kind ...

Heck ya! I've used six of these kits(I should have been charging lol) and they start with sandpaper! Its kind of scary the first time. If it works...I use a DeWalt drill that plugs into 115 volt. Battery drills don't usually last a hour lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX hatch taillight tint removal?

I heard gasoline takes off vht. Which is the paint I have on mine.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NrsDGSknhGY

Cool! That would be way easier than a hour of buffing. I've got a match... lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

MTM
    trading them should be pretty easy.

i also heard gasoline and some elbow grease will take it off.

I've always used DOT3 for removing paint from plastics, that would probably work well here, but make sure to pull the tail lights first, you don't want to get it on your body paint .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

it looks like nightshades I had this on my civic taillights and needed to have it removed for inspection it took about a half hour with a little bit of laquer thiner on a rag and rubbing it. It wont ruin the tail lights and will make it look almost as good as OEM. You can also try to use gasoline i've seen videos of people removing it with that quite easily. Just remember less is more you want to avoid getting this stuff on your paint so little dabs of it on the cloth will do just fine. It would be much better to do this before you spend a ton of money at a body shop.

MTM
    you can sand it off as well.

You can also use nail polish remover and then polish it up. It prob won't look new but it looks ok and it takes a bit of work for it to take it off but I did it last night to a friends truck and it worked

Vht spray is removed with gas. But u will probably have to re uv spray it or they will cloud up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.