2014 wrx daytime running lights

This is a discussion on 2014 wrx daytime running lights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know how to turn off the daytime running lights ?...

2014 wrx daytime running lights

Does anyone know how to turn off the daytime running lights ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't do it. It's for your safety and for the safety of others

+1 to what wrxnguyen said... its not something you shouldnt mess with.. its not worth it. headlights always being on are pretty much standard in new cars for safety reasons. and in that brand new WRX. you are gonna want people to be able to see you approaching so they can stare in awe as you blast past.
    2014 Plasma Blue Pearl WRX Limited Hatchback

La Crosse, Wisconsin

I Support ClubWRX
    If you dont like the look of them change out the bulbs for LEDs. Just know if you switch them out they will pretty much be useless as high beams. I agree with the previous posts to leave them alone. Though if you insist to "turn them off" do some searching the topic has been covered. I have mine disabled but I have xb LED halos as my DRL
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I see too many people driving without lights in the rain, fog, and low light conditions....these are there for a reason. I'm not saying you don't turn your lights on when they are needed, but I would keep them...

Having said that, that's not why you're here for. I remember seeing a thread on disabling them somehow. You may be able to find them with the search function. Good luck.

There is a module on the passenger side of the car under the headlight, behind the front bumper. You can just disconnect it and you will no longer have DRL. I would wrap the connector up so the elements don't destroy it, and you can plug it back in should you decide to return to stock.
    '14 SWP STI

lift the e-brake up till you hear it click 1 notch.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicdrumm80 View Post
    lift the e-brake up till you hear it click 1 notch.
    i heard of that idea before but never felt comfortable. you can take off your passengers side vent and get to the DRL module very easily (as stated above)
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    If you dont like the look of them change out the bulbs for LEDs. Just know if you switch them out they will pretty much be useless as high beams. I agree with the previous posts to leave them alone. Though if you insist to "turn them off" do some searching the topic has been covered. I have mine disabled but I have xb LED halos as my DRL
    hey cflip, I actually wanted to change my DRL bulbs to a different color like a nice yellow but what do you mean "they will pretty much be useless as high beams"?? sorry if its a dumb question. I just don't quite get it.
    Last edited by Ron1; 03-14-2014 at 11:13 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you put LED bulbs in the high beam location then they won't output much light when you switch on the high beam. If you go with yellow halogen bulbs then you should be fine with them as a high beam.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Cool sounds good thanks for the info and crazy fast reply.