Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hood Scoop Insert or no?

35K views 116 replies 24 participants last post by  mycologist 
#1 ·
Hey guys. i just bought my 2014 WRX hatch and realized that the scoop has nothing stopping debris from flying in and smoking my intercooler when i'm enjoying the beauty and speed of my wonderful new car... is this a legitimate concern? should i get a scoop insert? I live in Wisconsin right now where its cold and full of snow and salt, but i'm going to be moving to Arizona in the spring, where its sandy and rocky..

So let me know what everyone thinks.. and if an insert is the way to go, weather it for function or just for looks. i'd love your input.. also any good websites you would recommend that i use when purchasing such an item.

Thanks guys in advance! God Speed!

#101 · (Edited)
The Cobb box will conduct the radiant heat from the engine, it's metal. The stock intake system is plastic, a terrible conductor, so it won't. I was just presenting an idea, no need to be rude.

#105 ·
Matt troise said:
It's been tested. Cai/sr intakes are jokes, only beneficial if your chasing dyno numbers and above 350hp at the wheels. Stock system is superior otherwise
You, sir, have no idea what you are talking about.

#109 ·
Touché. :rotfl: At least my posts aren't unbearable to read. :) I wouldn't give him crap if his posts were at least readable.

#115 ·
Matt troise said:
You know what man, f-off, I offered peace and you still come back with your bull****, all you do on here is try to correct everyone and leave your little pseudo- intellectual quips. Get over yourself. Your the one that's on a high horse and I'd prolly knock your ass out in the street.
Matt troise said:
Yea it's a little hard to type on a cellphone. Or can't you read

*sent from iPhone using tapatalk*

Were you able to read that, ***got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You really aren't that bright, are you? I posted earlier asking you to keep it civil, and you can't follow simple instructions.

To anyone who wants to further discuss hood scoop inserts, you can thank Matt Troise for getting this thread closed.

Reactions: Drews
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.