N1 vs N1 Race Exhaust Invidia

This is a discussion on N1 vs N1 Race Exhaust Invidia within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Will order one of these two today off Amazon, Have a couple questions: Is the N1 race illegall in Hawaii? ...

N1 vs N1 Race Exhaust Invidia

Will order one of these two today off Amazon, Have a couple questions:

Is the N1 race illegall in Hawaii?
    Is it much louder than the regular n1?
    Is installation process easy/ can i do it myself?

and most importantly

WHAT PART OF MY WARRANTY WILL I VOID EXACTLY?

I drive a 2014 WRX HATCH with 2,500 miles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, as for warranty, it depends of your stealership... And the N1 Race is hellllla loud!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

im scared.. anddd is it loud enough to get me pulled over..? ****

Most likely, yet again, it depends of cops in your area.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Probably one of the loudest there is...It's essentially a straight pipe...it doesn't even have that much area for packing around the canister.

We have no idea if you'll get pulled over for it...we aren't in Hawaii. Every municipality different. Technically it is illegal in a Federal jurisdiction considering you are tampering with emissions control devices. Again, every state and municipal law can be even more strict, or more lenient.

Google for installation...it's a joke as long as you have a jack and stands.

Warranty? No. Nothing can void a warranty. It's only a CBE (I assume? No downpipe, right?)...it's up to the dealership: if you bring the car in for a claim and they deem it was caused by any modification done affecting it, then they possibly could deny that said claim. But an exhaust can't be used as an excuse for denying a claim with your suspension or something like that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    N1 race is louder and a little more raspy. But not like a blitz Nur or straight pipe. I'd rank it about an 8 on a scale of 1 to complete straight pipe.

Pretty sure any modification of the exhaust is illegal, federally. You can't modify the emissions systems in any way.

Install is very easy. Takes a few hours if done by yourself on jack stands. Getting everything lined up and sealed can be a challenge depending on exhaust, but the Invidia is a quality company so I wouldn't foresee and fitment issues with them.

As far as if you'd get pulled over for it, you'll have to ask some other locals. Some states are different than others. In NYC you'll probly get a ticket for a loud exhaust where as in Texas that would be un-thinkable.

Warranty is never voided. Claims can be denied. That being said, just a catback exhaust is no reason for a claim o be denied.

Edit: ^Mikey with the ninja post...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    to me, the n1 race is not that loud. i've had mine for about 2.5 years now and wish it was a little louder.

/oddmanoutopinion

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I see i see, yeah i really want to get this on. just not sure how i'm gonna get safety.. The laws here in Hawaii are really strict. Theyre trying to ban exhaust systems in general (aside from stock)