03 WRX exhaust/muffler question!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 WRX exhaust/muffler question! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got an 03 wrx with the full TB exhaust, down pipe, up pipe, ext.. i bought it like that ...

03 WRX exhaust/muffler question!

I got an 03 wrx with the full TB exhaust, down pipe, up pipe, ext.. i bought it like that and it came with this huge fat muffler thats angled upwards and crooked and slowly burning the paint away/making everything a burnt black color.. i wish to have something like this instead OBX EVO Style Universal N1 Muffler Subaru Impreza WRX STI RS SP2 | eBay

could i order this and have it installed at an exhaust shop with out messing up the down pipe/rest of exhaust? ALSO i do have the cobb stage 2 tune setup running, not sure if a huge fat muffler like mine is required for that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lulz...the only thing you need for stage 2 is a downpipe. The rest of the exhaust makes no difference there. The uppipe makes no difference with any of that either. Change out the muffler for whatever you want.

With something like what you linked to, an exhaust shop would have to cut off the current muffler, and weld that on, as well as weld on hangers which would be an extra $100-$150 in labor. OBX is generally crap. That muffler is a knock off of the Greddy Evo muffler. Keep an eye out for a replacement cat back System, or axleback muffler that you could get and unbolt and rebolt up in your driveway for cheaper and easier.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

even with an axle back muffler, the current muffler is welded to the hangers so i would have to go to a shop eather way wouldn't I? could you send me a link to one? preferably in a cheaper price range

Axlebacks specifically for Subarus come with hangers.

Something like this: FS: (For Sale) Prodrive Axleback Round Tip - NASIOC

Or if you want to buy something off ebay and go to a shop, whatever. Its up to you.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.