Window Chrome Delete?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Window Chrome Delete? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2013 WRX Any opinions/experience on the best way to get rid of the chrome strips below the ...

Window Chrome Delete?

I have a 2013 WRX
    Any opinions/experience on the best way to get rid of the chrome strips below the side windows of the car?

Plastic Dip? Spray them flat black? aftermarket vinyl?

-Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally I ordered from premium auto styling and it looked good for the first week or so before starting to peel in the corners, not to mention they are by far my worst customer service experience ever... I decided to just order a large sheet of 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl on Amazon and cut pieces to fit each section... at about 3/4" thickness it worked out amazing. It has been on my car for over a year now, and been through summer and winter weather... I've had no peeling, scratching or fading and it looks OEM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I used the premium auto styling deletes and they worked out fine. They shipped very quickly too. I've had them on for almost a year now. They were pretty easy. Sounds like Liquid found another good solution too though.

Here's the link if you are interested in checking them out. http://www.premiumautostyling.com/wi...rx-sti-sedans/

Thanks I think I'll try these from premium auto styling $20.00 bucks seems like a cost that I could eat if I was not happy!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by krisk View Post
    Thanks I think I'll try these from premium auto styling $20.00 bucks seems like a cost that I could eat if I was not happy!
    That was kind of what I figured. I had already had good luck with their vinyl overlays for my taillights and they gave me a discount coupon at the time from that prior purchase. Just like anything else, you just really want to take your time putting them on. Line them up perfectly before you press them onto the chrome area. They are able to be lightly stuck on to align them properly and can be pulled off again. But once you press down hard to make them stick they are there until you want them to come off. If you try and take them off after pressing hard on them, then they will stretch and be ruined. It is worth taking the extra 10 minutes to align it perfectly. I had an extra set of hands to help me out (not necessarily difficult, but long floppy, sticky, vinyl stickers do what they want to do!). After you are all done, go over the entire surface one last time and really press it down hard and get all the air out. This will help ensure the longevity.

I too went with Premium Auto Styling chrome deletes, they look good and have stayed on thus far but as said above worst customer service ever!

I plasti Dipped mine, no issues. Easy too

I used vinyl chrome delete strips from Crux Motorsports
    If you look at my pic you can tell there is a nice difference

Thanks!
    I went the Plasti Dip route and after getting over spray painting my car it turned out great.
    For about $7.00 I cost I should have done this long ago...

Here is my post on by build thread with some more info as well

Does the plasti dip look good tho? I thought the vinyl would look more oem? Or no am I completely wrong?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.