Who makes a good rear hitch for a 2014 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Who makes a good rear hitch for a 2014 WRX? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking to install a rear bike rack on my 2014 WRX and was wondering who you recommend I get ...

Who makes a good rear hitch for a 2014 WRX?

I'm looking to install a rear bike rack on my 2014 WRX and was wondering who you recommend I get the receiver from for best fit and finish. Any input is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would recommend putting it on the roof.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2427.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	132154

Why do you recommend putting it on the roof?

The hitch type receiver move around a bit and unless you are able to secure your front tire or take it off it will rub on your rear bumper.

I can't imagine how either of the tires would rub the bumper, with the bike mounted on the tray the entire bike minus the handlebar is a solid 12 inches or more away from the vehicle.

Didn't know they made hitch mounts that have a tray for the tires. These are the only ones I have ever seen:
    http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com.../3250_1_lg.jpg

I did a quick search and it seems the decent hitch mounts that you have described cost $250+. Its most likely going to cost you at minimum $180 for the hitch and $50-$100 for installation.

I spent $480 shipped to my front door for factory cross bars and two Yakima bike racks. The racks only take a few moments to put on and take off. When not in use they hang on my garage wall. I can't imagine there is anyway to hide a hitch on a WRX. Plus every receiver hitch has a little bit of play so you are going to get to listen to a thud every time you hit a bump.

I would imagine it would be much easier to sell a roof setup used than a hitch setup when you trade in the car.

This is the bike rack I was considering getting, just need to find a hitch to mount it to.

http://www.1upusa.com/product-quikracksilver.html

+

http://www.1upusa.com/product-addonsilver.html
    Last edited by Shak180; 01-21-2014 at 11:42 PM.

wick3djester
    2012 WRX HB (OBP)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.