Lightwerkz Angle Eyes Vs. Ebay Angle Eyes?

This is a discussion on Lightwerkz Angle Eyes Vs. Ebay Angle Eyes? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm in the process of gathering the materials to mod my headlights, and want to do the angle eyes from ...

Lightwerkz Angle Eyes Vs. Ebay Angle Eyes?

I'm in the process of gathering the materials to mod my headlights, and want to do the angle eyes from lightwerkz. The cost is about $72 shipped. Then I randomly came across these on ebay for $25 shipped and they look very similar (from china though).

2X 90mm Angel Eyes Halo Ring White COB LED Daytime Running Light DRL Fog Lamp | eBay

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these ebay brand halo's, and if it's worth the extra $47 bucks for the lightwerkz halo's.

EDIT:

and after searching ebay a little bit you can actually get these for $18.33 shipped.
    Last edited by DarkstarWRX; 01-20-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    Stink Eye Mob #596
    2011 OBP WRX
    Mods to come this summer!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd spend the extra coin and go with lightwerkz simply based on all the positive reviews I've seen around here.

for the $18.33 I may just try them and see what's up. I've blown $20 bucks on way worse things if it turns out they are junk, lol. Worst case then is that I buy the lightwerkz halos
    Stink Eye Mob #596
    2011 OBP WRX

Yeah, but the time and effort of disassembling the headlights.. Personally I'd rather go with something i know is going to work, and if something goes wrong you've got customer support that will work to resolve it.

Yea, I wouldn't even try putting them in if they are sub quality, all though they probably will be. China is know for their "quality" products, lol. Knowing myself I'll end up just getting the Lightwerkz. Like you said, customer support is pretty important.
    Stink Eye Mob #596
    2011 OBP WRX

Don't cheap out on it. They might work for a little while but you'll more then likely be going through investors left and right

I Support ClubWRX
    IF your going to buy them I would leave them on for a while to run them just as a test to see how you like them. Its a pain to re open the headlights. Not difficult just more work. Though they do look like the ones from Lightwerkz
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I don't see why you'd waste time, energy, and money to do something potentially crappy. Most anything that's cheap from ebay is just that: cheap. Looks like crap, and won't last.

So spend a little extra coin and do it right the first time.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I don't see why you'd waste time, energy, and money to do something potentially crappy. Most anything that's cheap from ebay is just that: cheap. Looks like crap, and won't last.

So spend a little extra coin and do it right the first time.
    That's why I posted this thread. Sometimes (especially with lighting) people overcharge for something they just buy from China themselves, and if anyone else has had the opportunity to compare them, It would save me the $18.33. IF no one else has ever bought these, then I will, and do the comparison myself because I am now interested to see. The lightwerkz halo's are foreign made as well, So i'm interested to see the difference. As I said before, I've blown $20 bucks on way worse stuff in my life.
    Stink Eye Mob #596
    2011 OBP WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Lightwerkz. They are legit. They are right by me and I met the guy and saw the shop and everything. Couldn't get stuff done as I needed the money for elsewhere (new bumper after a pipe hit me. Long story). You want what Lightwerkz can do. I promise you this. Don't cheap out. eBay might not have a 100% secure seal.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    It does look similar but for something that I would have to open the headlight I would rather make sure I i dont skimp.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm going to go with...no.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.