HID Bi-Xenon Installation and fucntion Problems!!!!! READ THIS TO HELP 02WRXWAGon

This is a discussion on HID Bi-Xenon Installation and fucntion Problems!!!!! READ THIS TO HELP 02WRXWAGon within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had this problem and searched until I found the solution--hopefully this will help any of you that might run ...

Cool HID Bi-Xenon Installation and fucntion Problems!!!!! READ THIS TO HELP 02WRXWAGon

I had this problem and searched until I found the solution--hopefully this will help any of you that might run across this problem for yourself.
    Also you might not have to spend huge amounts of money on a named brand HID Bi-Xenon kit knowing this.....
    So I bought a Bi-Xenon Kit off Ebay to have more light and clarity at night since I am a courier with many night deliveries. I get the lights in today and go to install them. Naturally I check the contents of the package and layout everything first to see and make sure nothing is missing...
    All is there, so I prep for HID Bi-Xenon installation...start to remove grill, grill pieces, and then remove headlights...all is good so far....

Headlamps are off and old bulbs out...
    I realize the new HID bulbs would not fit through the locking piece of the bulb lock..(piece that holds bulb in place) so I keep looking and looking then I see it. The HID bulb has a lock piece on it as well. Look on the back of the HID where the wires come out and it should say in little letters (<---lock, open or unlock---->) . The bulb will come out of the piece that goes in front of the oem bulb lock. After you lock that piece in place then insert the HIB bulb back in place and lock it to the piece you removed it from....Now you HID bulbs are set in place...

THAT WAS THE EASY PART......

Ok I had Bulbs in and wires ran and hooked up to all the right places....time to test them out?????
    GO to test them turn on the car and flick the headlight switch bam! they are on....yea hell yea!!!! They turn on and off all looks ok right????

Then I realize something???
    1. Hi/Lo beam does not work!!!
    2. Fog lights were not working!!!
    3. Hi-Beam cluster light is on and switching to Hi or Low Beam does not make light turn off!!!

So here is how to fix all of that very simple and easy...
    (the wiring harness that should have come with your kit that connects the Bulbs together, with a fuse on it, with the ground wires and one positive wire for the battery, AND it also has ONE SOCKET to plug the headlight system into....)(mine was BLUE)
    There is where the problem is.....ITS in that Socket
    !!!!!!!DOUBLE CHECK THE WIRES ON IT!!!!!
    THE COLORS MIGHT BE BROWN, WHIT AND BLUE.....
    YOU will need a little mechanic pick or a fine point to do this....

MAKE SURE....the order of the wires are ( looking at the plug from the back where the wires go into the SOCKET)

1. BROWN-on the left
    2. BLUE-in the middle
    3. WHITE-on the right
    with the pick push in the lock tab inside the socket from the front where it plugs in, once you have pushed in the lock tab the wire should pull right out the back. Switch them to where they need to be in that order, plug them back into the headlight system and everything will be as it should be. This is exactly what I did to mine and all is great!!!! You can also unplug you DRL(daytime running lamps) sensor if you don't want them on during the day.

I have not had a CEL on or anything....
    KEEP in mind that some wiring harnesses may have different color coated wires so check and switch wires accordingly. I am also not saying this will work for all HID Bi-Xenon Kits but that's what was wrong with mine and there is where you might want to start
    if your lights do not function properly after installation.
    I am just trying to inform others of what might be a factor in their installation so you don't run into what I did and think you got ripped off...yes I agree that the kit should be total plug and play but sometimes we just need to change it up....
    I hope this helps you in Your Future HID Bi-Xenon Kit Installations /........CrazyGerman02wrxWagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you want to go with an HID set up I would suggest you do a proper retrofit instead of a plug and play kit.
    DIY: Bugeye HID Projector Retrofit (Morimoto Mini H1 4.1) - Minimal Modifications - NASIOC this might help.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 01-07-2014 at 07:12 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX