Morimoto Xb LED Angel Eye Kit Install (2011 WRX) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Morimoto Xb LED Angel Eye Kit Install (2011 WRX) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Miggs I used these to secure the wires pretty tightly Then i put a little silicone on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    I used these to secure the wires pretty tightly

Then i put a little silicone on them to keep vibrations away. JB Weld is a little too permanent for me

(although i did drill holes in my headlight housing lol )
    I have one of those from my old MX days. They work amazingly! Used them to put the safety wire on my handlebar grips.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

glad you liked the kit, ill be using that on my 02's winter headlights
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    If you can locate your DRL relay in the fuse box under the hood, all you have to do is pull it out and you will see that there are 3 prongs closely in line together on that relay. I simply removed the middle prong with some needle nose wire cutters to disable the DRL's permanently. If you go this route and want your DRL's back, all you have to do is source another relay.
    Just out of curiosity why not remove drl switch to the resistor on the passenger side? Only wondering because I have my leds as DRLand have them tapped to that wire and powered by a relay
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Just out of curiosity why not remove drl switch to the resistor on the passenger side? Only wondering because I have my leds as DRLand have them tapped to that wire and powered by a relay
    To be honest, back in 09 when I had my 08 hatch the only method known then was to snip the prong from the relay lol.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

So does anyone have the angel eyes wired so that they come on by themselves? Without marker lights or DRLs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Such as switched? The angel eyes draw such little power you could easily wire a switch and tap into the fuse box.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 02-24-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

yeah I think I am leaning this way ... just run a switch from the interior so that I can control the lights individually and disable my DRLs and use the Angel Eyes as the DRL.

I have these sitting at home and hopefully will get them in this week sometime ... I've decided to hook them up as a drl for now and disable the actual drl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angel Eyes.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	140577

Installed these Angel Eyes over the last 2 days. Highly suggest them! Got mine from TRS

I want to wire this as DRL. Can you guys show me with pictures which wire to tap to. The idea is keeping the high beam DRL and install this as additional DRL. Thanks,

I disconnected my high beam DRL and use these only as my DRL. Once you pull the bumper off you can see the DRL plug on the passenger side under the headlight. I forget which wire I tapped into to trigger the relay but if I can find the DYI I will link to it.
    2014 Base WRB Hatchback
    - Dealer Options: short shifter, fog lights
    - Mods: Debadged, V-limited lip, gloss black headlights, Morimoto Angel Eyes

Future Plans
    - Audio, Exhaust, Suspension
    - Keep warranty as long as possible

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbelle View Post
    I want to wire this as DRL. Can you guys show me with pictures which wire to tap to. The idea is keeping the high beam DRL and install this as additional DRL. Thanks,
    What year is your car? Sorry no pics at the moment but this is what I did.
    Wired a replay to the battery with fuse Pin 85
    Wired both positives of the Halos Pin 86 (attached the ground to points on the body)
    Attached the ground of the relay to the body Pin 87
    To turn on the relay I used the connector that is used in the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dv49PsrYEfx4)
    On the the connector end if you cut the cover back you should see a green wire that I what I tapped into. Pin 30

If you have an 11-14 you can get away without taking off the bumper though would be easier.

If you if your going to have them with the stock DRL they wont look nice in my opinion since the colors will be very different.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thank you guys. Mine is 2014 STI hatchback.

@cflip2x, to trigger the relay, do you tap to one of the wire of the DRL plug? ....On the the connector end if you cut the cover back you should see a green wire that I what I tapped into. Pin 30... Which connector are you referring to?

I did exactly what he said.

And yes you trigger the relay by splicing into the DRL power wire.
    2014 Base WRB Hatchback
    - Dealer Options: short shifter, fog lights
    - Mods: Debadged, V-limited lip, gloss black headlights, Morimoto Angel Eyes

Future Plans
    - Audio, Exhaust, Suspension
    - Keep warranty as long as possible

I Support ClubWRX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400169136869.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	149929

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast