Does baking headlights for disassembly cause any longterm adverse effects? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Does baking headlights for disassembly cause any longterm adverse effects? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Take Luck When I installed my halo I made a couple of holes close together on the bottom just under ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Take Luck

When I installed my halo I made a couple of holes close together on the bottom just under the shroud to feed the wires though. I also removed the black connector so they would feed though easier you can easily just cut off the tips but I wanted them still on just in case.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

All done! turned out great. pics to follow. i wiring mine into my parking lights. must. eat. food.

I Support ClubWRX
    I did mine almost 12 years ago. They've never fogged or leaked, and the car lives outside year 'round.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Posting pics and thoughts to build thread

Chronicles of a 2011 WRX

Came out pretty nice man. Can't wait for all of this crappy weather to clear up so i can do mine.

I did mine anout a year ago. I noticed that i did get clouding after though. Its not moisture and I polished the inside and outside of the lenses so i know it isn't scratched. I have a feeling its chemicals from the paint and silicone after reheating it to squeeze them back together.

You can see what i mean here. This is right after installation:

And a few months later. Notice just above the halos:

interesting, do you remember what kind of paint you used?

Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
    I did mine anout a year ago. I noticed that i did get clouding after though. Its not moisture and I polished the inside and outside of the lenses so i know it isn't scratched. I have a feeling its chemicals from the paint and silicone after reheating it to squeeze them back together.
    It would seem that that is a pretty common problem on the outside of the lens on Subarus. I sand mine several times a year, even before I did the halo mod. I haven't noticed any extra contamination to the assemblies since doing this mod (knock on wood)

Quote Originally Posted by Stovetop26 View Post
    I didn't paint mine, as 2011's came black. This is what Mammal did to his,

Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    I had my body guy spray them in his booth. I don't recommend using cheap walmart or autozone paint since over time it will crack and fade due to uv light. Anyway, my body guy prepped them with an epoxy primer and used an automotive grade ppg paint. The housing paint job will pretty much last forever now lol.
    His build thread:

Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm)

Quote Originally Posted by Stovetop26 View Post
    I can't say for sure, but since it was a small plastic piece i probably used something cheap since it would be hard to mess up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.