Vinyl wrapping color ideas
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

This is a discussion on Vinyl wrapping color ideas within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys. i have a 13' silver wrx . i was thinking about vinyl wrapping my car instead of painting ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newark/Hillside,New Jersey
    Posts
    141

    Lightbulb Vinyl wrapping color ideas

    hey guys. i have a 13' silver wrx . i was thinking about vinyl wrapping my car instead of painting . FOr the color ideas was matte green (military green look) or matte black(stealth military jet look) but i recently been thinking what about silver chrome so it almost looks like a mirror. i haven't seen it down so i wondered what it look like maybe even be the first,but some high end cars actually looks decent in the chrome vinyl. but i am not trying to be a rice ball haha tell me what you guys think and you guys can even throw some color schemes down my way also thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User wrx650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    707
    I Support ClubWRX
    A guy in my local group Plasti Dipped his military green and put a star on it and stuff. Its a regular impreza and he's doing a bit of a different kind of mod path. I would avoid the chrome...
    -Noah

    2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

    Stink-Eye Mob #91

    Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

  4. #3
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,980
    I have yet to see a vinyl wrap that looked good from less than 10 feet away.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  5. #4
    Registered User Ampliified's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Warren Twp, NJ
    Posts
    811
    Eh I would do matte black considering the area you are in wouldn't want that much attention to my car hahah I personally would do the new matte dark grey they have black is a little overplayed imo, but matte green would look sick with black wheels
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

  6. #5
    Registered User cflip2x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,462
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sedan? if so ive seen you around hillside actually seen one pass by yesterday on salem ave. Please dont do chrome. do you have experience wrapping cars? I would hold off till weather gets nicer or unless you have a heated garage. you had a chance over the weekend but looks to be cold.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

    CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newark/Hillside,New Jersey
    Posts
    141
    yea that was probably since i live in the area… i only thought of chrome cause of the mirror effect
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Sedan? if so ive seen you around hillside actually seen one pass by yesterday on salem ave. Please dont do chrome. do you have experience wrapping cars? I would hold off till weather gets nicer or unless you have a heated garage. you had a chance over the weekend but looks to be cold.

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newark/Hillside,New Jersey
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Eh I would do matte black considering the area you are in wouldn't want that much attention to my car hahah I personally would do the new matte dark grey they have black is a little overplayed imo, but matte green would look sick with black wheels
    i know what you mean hahaha. but the car was going to be garaged and buy a second vehicle if i did that……. matte black was my first idea

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newark/Hillside,New Jersey
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I have yet to see a vinyl wrap that looked good from less than 10 feet away.
    i see a bunch at the big car meets the look like regular paint

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newark/Hillside,New Jersey
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    A guy in my local group Plasti Dipped his military green and put a star on it and stuff. Its a regular impreza and he's doing a bit of a different kind of mod path. I would avoid the chrome...
    im a little ify about plasti dip cause of seen many it either has a lot of uneven line or it looks like sand paper
    Last edited by Kevin Pedrosa; 12-26-2013 at 09:03 AM.

  11. #10
    Registered User cflip2x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,462
    I Support ClubWRX
    If were going yo dip.you car just make sure to do it in a garage or if you can get one of those pop up temporary shelters for a car. As for mirror vinyl warp the car is yours you can do what you want but it looks gaudy http://image.dhgate.com/albu_293489252_00/1.0x0.jpg

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

    CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newark/Hillside,New Jersey
    Posts
    141
    looks decent on some cars but not all …. ehhh its an idea but I will probably go with matte green
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    If were going yo dip.you car just make sure to do it in a garage or if you can get one of those pop up temporary shelters for a car. As for mirror vinyl warp the car is yours you can do what you want but it looks gaudy http://image.dhgate.com/albu_293489252_00/1.0x0.jpg

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    13
    My friend mike does this for a living this is a cool color. Chrome blue


+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •