Brand new car 500 Miles

This is a discussion on Brand new car 500 Miles within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When am i allowed to add an exhaust? some dealers recommend 1000 some 3500. I'm confused. I want to add ...

Brand new car 500 Miles

When am i allowed to add an exhaust? some dealers recommend 1000 some 3500. I'm confused. I want to add a blitz single exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd say wait for your engine to break in at 1,000 before doing anything to the car. But I too just got my WRX (about 3 weeks ago) so I'm pretty new to all these things, but I've decided to wait till I broke in the engine (Which I did about a week ago).

I Support ClubWRX
    When you say exhaust do you mean axleback, catback, or turboback? If you are talking axle or catback you can put one on any time. Those don't really have any impact on the performance, they just make more sound. If you are talking turboback then you need to tune for it and I would also recommend waiting until at least break in for that.

They install the spt exhaust on new cars at the dealer with just a few miles, so as long as you don't install anything that requires a tune, you will be fine

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^This. Also, it's just a thousand miles. Can you seriously not wait a month? Goodness lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    They install the spt exhaust on new cars at the dealer with just a few miles, so as long as you don't install anything that requires a tune, you will be fine
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    No no no, I can wait a thousand miles, but i was just curious if a thousand was good enough to start adding an exhaust... or should i wait LONGER?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwata808 View Post
    No no no, I can wait a thousand miles, but i was just curious if a thousand was good enough to start adding an exhaust... or should i wait LONGER?
    Read our posts. We already answered this question for you.