CNT quad exhaust on 2010 Subaru wrx

This is a discussion on CNT quad exhaust on 2010 Subaru wrx within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just ordered a quad CNT Catback exhaust for my WRX HB. Got a sweet deal on it, was 500 flat ...

CNT quad exhaust on 2010 Subaru wrx

Just ordered a quad CNT Catback exhaust for my WRX HB. Got a sweet deal on it, was 500 flat with free shipping. Super stoked. Anyone have this on theres? hows it sound? and any noticeable performance jump?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You won't see any performance gain on a catback. Nice catback though. Post some pics when you get it installed.

If you want performance get the DP too to make the full TBE and then tune it.

yea i will as soon as i install it. eventually going to do down pipe with a tune. Thanks for the input

Check your warranty first (assuming it's still active) because I'm pretty sure it voids it with adding the down pipe. That is, if memory serves correct. It's entirely possible I'm wrong though lol. Look forward to the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by ladywankenobi View Post
    Check your warranty first (assuming it's still active) because I'm pretty sure it voids it with adding the down pipe. That is, if memory serves correct. It's entirely possible I'm wrong though lol. Look forward to the pictures!
    Nothing voids warranty, they can only refuse a claim if they prove a modification caused a fault. And a catback also doesn't include a downpipe, that would be a turbo back exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by ZXNasty View Post
    Nothing voids warranty, they can only refuse a claim if they prove a modification caused a fault. And a catback also doesn't include a downpipe, that would be a turbo back exhaust
    That's what I was trying to say, but I should have specified better. Found this, and thought it was worth sharing..

Your warranty cannot be voided - NASIOC

Definitely post pics because I have never seen a 2010 WRX with the quad exhaust! I know your rear bumper is a little different so I hope it fits, if not get extended exhaust hangers and you should be good!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Definitely post pics because I have never seen a 2010 WRX with the quad exhaust! I know your rear bumper is a little different so I hope it fits, if not get extended exhaust hangers and you should be good!
    Just got the exhaust this week, looks badass! Hoping the weather in jersey stays dry so I can install this weekend. I know I'm going to have to mod the back number a bit for it to fit, I work in a machine shop and plan on customizing trim pieces and getting them anodized. pics will be up within the month 🚗
    Also thanks for the info on voiding warranty

ok despite the rain i couldnt wait to install my catback so i did so today in the terrible conditions HA! Ran into a few problems but ill live.
    First went to jack the car up and it fell off the jack stand and almost fell into my garage, was literally less then an 1/8 of an inch away at one point but my father and i maneuvered it out thankfully. Many F- bombs were dropped haha Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4964.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	130409

After that i made ramps out of wood and concrete patio blocks that worked perfect, no stands or jacks needed.
    Taking the old exhaust was nothing, cleaned the old seal off from the midpipe which was caked on. Installing the rear exhaust pipe i found that i was missing a converter piece that goes in between the midpipe and new rear exhaust pipe so i had to order that piece which well be here later next week (easy fix) but i have a bad leak as of right now.
    Had to cut the plastic lip on the bumper in order to fit the quad tips, (i knew this coming into it) Which was nothing because theres a right tool for everything, need to design trim pieces at work to finish it off but it still looks amazing and the sound was exactly what i was looking for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4979.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	130417

Name:	IMG_4972.jpg 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	130425
    Last edited by micgass; 01-14-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Me likes!

Quote Originally Posted by micgass View Post
    ok despite the rain i couldnt wait to install my catback so i did so today in the terrible conditions HA! Ran into a few problems but ill live.
    First went to jack the car up and it fell off the jack stand and almost fell into my garage, was literally less then an 1/8 of an inch away at one point but my father and i maneuvered it out thankfully. Many F- bombs were dropped haha Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4964.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	130409

After that i made ramps out of wood and concrete patio blocks that worked perfect, no stands or jacks needed.
    Taking the old exhaust was nothing, cleaned the old seal off from the midpipe which was caked on. Installing the rear exhaust pipe i found that i was missing a converter piece that goes in between the midpipe and new rear exhaust pipe so i had to order that piece which well be here later next week (easy fix) but i have a bad leak as of right now.
    Had to cut the plastic lip on the bumper in order to fit the quad tips, (i knew this coming into it) Which was nothing because theres a right tool for everything, need to design trim pieces at work to finish it off but it still looks amazing and the sound was exactly what i was looking for.

Name:	IMG_4979.jpg 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	130417

Name:	IMG_4972.jpg 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	130425
    It fell off the jack stands?!

Sounds terrifying.