CNT quad exhaust on 2010 Subaru wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

This is a discussion on CNT quad exhaust on 2010 Subaru wrx within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just ordered a quad CNT Catback exhaust for my WRX HB. Got a sweet deal on it, was 500 flat ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7

    CNT quad exhaust on 2010 Subaru wrx

    Just ordered a quad CNT Catback exhaust for my WRX HB. Got a sweet deal on it, was 500 flat with free shipping. Super stoked. Anyone have this on theres? hows it sound? and any noticeable performance jump?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the Port. ME
    Posts
    3,035
    I Support ClubWRX
    You won't see any performance gain on a catback. Nice catback though. Post some pics when you get it installed.

    If you want performance get the DP too to make the full TBE and then tune it.

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7
    yea i will as soon as i install it. eventually going to do down pipe with a tune. Thanks for the input

  5. #4
    Registered User ladywankenobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    S. FL
    Posts
    20
    Check your warranty first (assuming it's still active) because I'm pretty sure it voids it with adding the down pipe. That is, if memory serves correct. It's entirely possible I'm wrong though lol. Look forward to the pictures!

  6. #5
    Registered User ZXNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by ladywankenobi View Post
    Check your warranty first (assuming it's still active) because I'm pretty sure it voids it with adding the down pipe. That is, if memory serves correct. It's entirely possible I'm wrong though lol. Look forward to the pictures!
    Nothing voids warranty, they can only refuse a claim if they prove a modification caused a fault. And a catback also doesn't include a downpipe, that would be a turbo back exhaust

  7. #6
    Registered User ladywankenobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    S. FL
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by ZXNasty View Post
    Nothing voids warranty, they can only refuse a claim if they prove a modification caused a fault. And a catback also doesn't include a downpipe, that would be a turbo back exhaust
    That's what I was trying to say, but I should have specified better. Found this, and thought it was worth sharing..

    Your warranty cannot be voided - NASIOC

  8. #7
    Registered User Ampliified's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Warren Twp, NJ
    Posts
    831
    Definitely post pics because I have never seen a 2010 WRX with the quad exhaust! I know your rear bumper is a little different so I hope it fits, if not get extended exhaust hangers and you should be good!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Definitely post pics because I have never seen a 2010 WRX with the quad exhaust! I know your rear bumper is a little different so I hope it fits, if not get extended exhaust hangers and you should be good!
    Just got the exhaust this week, looks badass! Hoping the weather in jersey stays dry so I can install this weekend. I know I'm going to have to mod the back number a bit for it to fit, I work in a machine shop and plan on customizing trim pieces and getting them anodized. pics will be up within the month 🚗
    Also thanks for the info on voiding warranty

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7
    ok despite the rain i couldnt wait to install my catback so i did so today in the terrible conditions HA! Ran into a few problems but ill live.
    First went to jack the car up and it fell off the jack stand and almost fell into my garage, was literally less then an 1/8 of an inch away at one point but my father and i maneuvered it out thankfully. Many F- bombs were dropped haha Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4964.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	130409

    After that i made ramps out of wood and concrete patio blocks that worked perfect, no stands or jacks needed.
    Taking the old exhaust was nothing, cleaned the old seal off from the midpipe which was caked on. Installing the rear exhaust pipe i found that i was missing a converter piece that goes in between the midpipe and new rear exhaust pipe so i had to order that piece which well be here later next week (easy fix) but i have a bad leak as of right now.
    Had to cut the plastic lip on the bumper in order to fit the quad tips, (i knew this coming into it) Which was nothing because theres a right tool for everything, need to design trim pieces at work to finish it off but it still looks amazing and the sound was exactly what i was looking for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4979.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	130417
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4972.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	130425
    Last edited by micgass; 01-14-2014 at 05:00 PM.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    14
    Me likes!

  12. #11
    Registered User Monk_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by micgass View Post
    ok despite the rain i couldnt wait to install my catback so i did so today in the terrible conditions HA! Ran into a few problems but ill live.
    First went to jack the car up and it fell off the jack stand and almost fell into my garage, was literally less then an 1/8 of an inch away at one point but my father and i maneuvered it out thankfully. Many F- bombs were dropped haha Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4964.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	130409

    After that i made ramps out of wood and concrete patio blocks that worked perfect, no stands or jacks needed.
    Taking the old exhaust was nothing, cleaned the old seal off from the midpipe which was caked on. Installing the rear exhaust pipe i found that i was missing a converter piece that goes in between the midpipe and new rear exhaust pipe so i had to order that piece which well be here later next week (easy fix) but i have a bad leak as of right now.
    Had to cut the plastic lip on the bumper in order to fit the quad tips, (i knew this coming into it) Which was nothing because theres a right tool for everything, need to design trim pieces at work to finish it off but it still looks amazing and the sound was exactly what i was looking for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4979.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	130417
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4972.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	130425
    It fell off the jack stands?!

    Sounds terrifying.

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    27
    I have a 2009 WRX HB. Did you run into any problems with the hangers when you installed this exhaust. Also what do you think about now that you've owned for some time? I'm looking at buying the same CBE
    Find Your Beach

  14. #13
    For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,259
    I Support ClubWRX
    This guy had 5 posts, and last posted in Dec of 2013, You probably won't get an answer from him
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

  15. #14
    Registered User cflip2x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,980
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by trout4life View Post
    I have a 2009 WRX HB. Did you run into any problems with the hangers when you installed this exhaust. Also what do you think about now that you've owned for some time? I'm looking at buying the same CBE
    Search Search hurry up and search

    2009 / 2010 wrx hatchback quad exhaust conversion? ? - NASIOC
    08-10 WRX hatch dual exhaust modification pics? - NASIOC
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/858626...oto_7866295756
    09 wrx with M2 sti quad exhaust - NASIOC

    as for the quality of the exhaust I dont know but they are one of the cheapest catted downpipe options. I belive CNT used to be ERZ and then something else so you may want to use info and search the internet.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

    CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    27
    I've read most those threads before. I guess it was stupid to ask about the hangers. I was just curious about what he thought about the CBE
    Find Your Beach

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •