hid condensation problem

This is a discussion on hid condensation problem within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i got a 55 watt 10k hid kit for my 2013 wrx , my head lights started to condensate ... ...

Question hid condensation problem

i got a 55 watt 10k hid kit for my 2013 wrx , my head lights started to condensate ... is the wattage to high ? any info would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We're you able to put the backing cap back on?

yeah had to drill out hole but the hid kit came with rubber plug, fit perfect also i sealed it so no water can get in.

Aside from the fact that you bought the riciest possible bulb at 10K, you put them into a halogen projector housing which likely blinds the hell out of oncoming drivers. If you want to be "cool" and have HID-style headlights, then cough up the money and do a proper retrofit or don't do it at all.

Isn't 10k pink by that temPerature

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree to do a proper retrofit. Your probably not blinding other drivers as bad as someone putting an HID in a reflector housing but still not the correct way to do it.

HID in a Halogen projector

HID in a HID projector

If you still deiced to keep the kit you have you may want to get a rubber boot and fit it over the back

HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX