Customizing your Subaru... BECAUSE IT'S YOURS!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Customizing your Subaru... BECAUSE IT'S YOURS!!! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys! Getting my subie tomorrow and was just curious as to see what everyone else has in terms of ...

Customizing your Subaru... BECAUSE IT'S YOURS!!!

Hey guys! Getting my subie tomorrow and was just curious as to see what everyone else has in terms of decals or interesting paint jobs on their car!

It's a 2008 Black WRX and I was just curious as to what wheel colour would look good with them.

Oh and also thinking of putting the '10 or '11 front bumper (fender) on it. Would it fit? (Yes, I've tried searching this and I haven't found many good responses to it).

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My subie is straight white right now but if yours is black I really do enjoy the two tone with silver.

The 10 bumper might fit 11+ will not because thats the wide body style
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Do whatever fits you buddy! There are an unreal amount of colors that look good with Obsidian Black Pearl. I personally think that black wheels on a black car looks the best, with some red lug nuts
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    you may want to take a look on NASIOC they have a good thread for the 08-10
    The official '08-10 wrx thread - NASIOC

Putting an 11 bumper fender would look a little strange in my opinion. It can be done but I dont think spending all the money collecting parts is worth it. Is it a sedan or hatch? Do you know if it has anything done to it already? Decals are all up to you. I see a lot of the "younger" crowd putting snowbaord decals and such up the side of the back window. I dont see many body vinyl other then full body wraps but I wouldn't count that. Again like you said its yours you can do what you want. For wheel colors I always liked black and gold. I was never a fan of black wheels but if you want you can always use plasti dip.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 12-10-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm a fan of black wheels on OBP

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Thanks everyone!

It looks like this. I was gonna throw the STI wing on b/c my buddy works at a shop and said he could do it if I buy him a 24 pack of beer.

I'm not a huge fan of the snowboard stickers on the back window even though I love snowboarding.

I guess like the little like 'subaru pig' on the side mirror and other things like that is what I mean by customizing. I just don't see a lot of people really doing much to their subie's. Once in a while I see a totally revamped one where even the "WRX" On the back is red or the 'W' in it is up a little bit.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxylol View Post
    Thanks everyone!

It looks like this. I was gonna throw the STI wing on b/c my buddy works at a shop and said he could do it if I buy him a 24 pack of beer.

I'm not a huge fan of the snowboard stickers on the back window even though I love snowboarding.

I guess like the little like 'subaru pig' on the side mirror and other things like that is what I mean by customizing. I just don't see a lot of people really doing much to their subie's. Once in a while I see a totally revamped one where even the "WRX" On the back is red or the 'W' in it is up a little bit.
    I prefer to customize through means other than stickers. I think they make the car look cheap (even though they add 10+ HP per sticker). Just my preference though. Click the link in my sig if you want to see what I have done.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Put silver wheels on it.

Sorry, it is exactly like that except with the stock wheels so I was thinking of customizing that !

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxylol View Post
    Thanks everyone!

STI wings are awesome! Some people will say you are "posing" because it's not an actual STI but, I don't agree with them

Stickers are stupid.

The WRX letter mod you speak of is pretty cool. Basically people use reflective tape and cut it out to fit on the letters.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    [IMG][/IMG]

I swapped my 3rd brake light for an led light bar something most people may not notice but something different.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    STI wings are awesome! Some people will say you are "posing" because it's not an actual STI but, I don't agree with them.
    "Posing" feels so high school to me. Are people really still using this word when they're adults?

STI wings look good but attract too much of the wrong attention IMO. And by wrong attention, I mean cops.
    '14 SWP STI

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My car has over a hundred mods.. nothing in the way of decals or paint.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.