65w headlight bulbs on 2007 WRX?

This is a discussion on 65w headlight bulbs on 2007 WRX? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm unhappy with my low beams. Do a lot of highway driving at night, sometimes in snow storms, and can't ...

65w headlight bulbs on 2007 WRX?

I'm unhappy with my low beams. Do a lot of highway driving at night, sometimes in snow storms, and can't see well even when the headlamps are clean and fog lights are on. Most of my driving is in traffic so can't use high-beams. I'm considering the Osram rally 65w low beam bulbs. How safe are these in the 2007 WRX? Any people report problems? I have no other electrical mods. How long do the bulbs last? I saw someone mention going through 3 sets in 2 years, but Daniel Stern says they have greater life than 55w bulbs. Confused.

Also, if you're in CO and have 65w bulbs I'd love to hear if the police let it slide or hassle you for this.

btw, did lots of searching, most of the info I found was for earlier or later models of WRX
    Last edited by co_tim; 12-02-2013 at 06:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Buy whatever he tells you to...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC