Car Cover

This is a discussion on Car Cover within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm out in Southern California for the next 5 months. My WRX has always been in a garage, but I ...

Car Cover

I'm out in Southern California for the next 5 months. My WRX has always been in a garage, but I don't have access to one while I'm out here. I'd like to give it some level of protection, at least from the sun. Can anyone recommend a cheap-ish car cover that will last 5 months and not blow off?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just slap some SPF 30 on it and you'll be good.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

But my car hates feeling all oily from sunscreen....

Any car cover recommendations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Oem car cover?

Have you used one?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quioxte View Post
    But my car hates feeling all oily from sunscreen....

Any car cover recommendations?

Use Coppertone sport spray...not oily and doesn't rub off when your car starts to sweat

Unfortunately, I don't see a WRX as something worthy of even needing a car cover. It's a car...you're going to drive it uncovered, so what's parking it covered going to achieve? Just my thoughts though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I've kept a car covered outdoors for over a decade. I've driven the car maybe one month per year, max, during this century. No problems with the car's paint etc. at all during all this time. I simply buy whatever car cover my local store has -- usually the cheapest -- and change them every two years or so. Get one with pockets for the mirrors and use a rope or bungie around each mirror. Use ropes and bungies on the nose and tail to make sure it's not going anywhere.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I have a car cover from subaru for a 13 hatch. Its almost bran new I used it twice. Car sleeps in the garage now and work has covered parking. Lmk if you wana buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

SD- thanks. Ill check out the cheap ones.
    Atranz- I'd be interested, but I have a sedan.