BIKE RACK.

This is a discussion on BIKE RACK. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i am deciding on either a bike rack or extra cargo on the roof. which one will look better? and ...

BIKE RACK.

i am deciding on either a bike rack or extra cargo on the roof. which one will look better? and will the bike rack be able to hold a small scooter such as the honda ruckus? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Bike racks are designed to hold bicycles, not motorscooters. I would not recommend putting a ruckus ontop of your subaru.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2427.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	120658

After seeing how much our aluminum bicycles move I wouldn't put anything heavier up there...

Quote Originally Posted by 13WRXlimited View Post

Name:	IMG_2427.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	120658

After seeing how much our aluminum bicycles move I wouldn't put anything heavier up there...
    thanks for the pic and advice! does anyone have a cargo box on top of their wrx? i would like to see pics and a review. thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    The Ruckus is 194 pounds. How are you going to get it up there? Most roof racks have a 100# weight limit.

I have the Subaru heavy duty basket on top of my Outback, and have two Yakima Forklift bike racks attached.

More photos HERE, if you are interested:

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Quote Originally Posted by brianthebballa View Post
    i am deciding on either a bike rack or extra cargo on the roof. which one will look better? and will the bike rack be able to hold a small scooter such as the honda ruckus? thanks
    Definitely dont put a scooter on top of your car. Yakima makes a good rack but its expensive. and dont run it open like most people do. buy a fairing for it (the piece of plastic across the front that deflects wind). it makes it look better and you dont have to deal with it whistling from the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSemoWrx View Post
    Definitely dont put a scooter on top of your car. Yakima makes a good rack but its expensive. and dont run it open like most people do. buy a fairing for it (the piece of plastic across the front that deflects wind). it makes it look better and you dont have to deal with it whistling from the wind.
    Zero whistle with my above setup with moon roof open at 72mph on interstate.

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    If you want to move a ruckus around, go get a trailer hitch and a carrier. One example, plenty strong for a scooter.
    Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Carrier - 400Lb. Capacity

Roof rack on mine. I did notice a more noise but not a huge amount.

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd put it up if you were still interested.

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	145801
    2011 DGM WRX HB

Cobb AP w/ Torqued Performance Stage 2 map, Cobb SFI w/ box, TurboXS Catless DP, Invidia Q300 CBE, Cobb Knob, Kartboy STS, Kartboy F/R Shifter Bushings, TiC Pivot Lever Bushing, TiC Linkage Bushing, RA Mudflaps, 20% tint, Red Outline Tail Light Overlays, Kenwood Double Din CD/DVD Player, Kicker Speakers