SUBARU Badge carbon fiber decals!

This is a discussion on SUBARU Badge carbon fiber decals! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just purchased these on eBay earlier this week and just installed them. They are inexpensive, and easy to apply. ...

SUBARU Badge carbon fiber decals!

I just purchased these on eBay earlier this week and just installed them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381608865089.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	118697

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381608887694.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	118705

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381608913525.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	118713

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381608940791.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	118721

They are inexpensive, and easy to apply. You can pull them off a few times and reapply while installing to ensure proper alignment. They are vinyl and seem to be good quality. I don't know how long they will last, but only time will tell.

He offers many colors as well as custom colors upon request. If you look at his other items you can find the ones for the exterior badges, the following link is for the steering wheel badge followed by the exterior badges. I thought this was a good alternative to removing and painting the badges.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=221287761150

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=221279635944

Oh and FYI, the decals only cover the inner portion of the badges...NOT the chrome trim. I had already plasti-dipped my chrome edges on mine, which look better with the decals.
    Last edited by tesla317; 10-12-2013 at 02:04 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Wow, he offers Camo. gross lol.

It looks decent, meh... not sure how I feel about it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm actually not hating this. There are definitely worse ways to customize. What would be awesome is a blue CF backing and yellow logo. That could look neat.

Also, nice bug murder in the last pic.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    I'm actually not hating this. There are definitely worse ways to customize. What would be awesome is a blue CF backing and yellow logo. That could look neat.

Also, nice bug murder in the last pic.
    No it looks great in person. I'm not to put a bunch of crap on my car, especially meaningless decals. I like to be more subtle with the things I do.

The red stars do "pop". I may end up getting black stars like on the one pic of a steering wheel. And I believe you can get whatever color background and design you want. It doesn't have to be Subaru stars

i like the carbon/red ones as well as the black. bur if that red was any more, well red n shiny probably not. juz right lol.

maybe its just me but that might be a good finisher for a plastic dipped car. a matt finish with carbon trim? hmmmmm. cool
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I have these. I wish I'd gone with the carbon fiber background instead of gloss black. Been thinking about re-ordering, especially since my front emblem turned out a little crooked... Yours look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    I have these. I wish I'd gone with the carbon fiber background instead of gloss black. Been thinking about re-ordering, especially since my front emblem turned out a little crooked... Yours look great!
    Thanks, I really like them. The eBay auctions were advertised with carbon fiber so I guess I just lucked out, but u can get whatever u want I'm pretty sure.

If u end up getting new ones, u can pull them off and back on a few times to make sure it's straight. I emailed the seller and asked how the best way to apply them. He said it wouldn't hurt the adhesive to pull it off a few times...

however. they are pressure sensitive. Lightly stick it on, and if it's aligned, press it down. If not, peel off and keep doing it till u get it right. But once u really press it down, it's hard to get off. That's what he told me anyways. I pulled my front one off like 5 times before it was straight, then pressed it. Hope that helps.

Believe me, I tied that technique multiple times trying to get it perfect. But when the stars were lined up right, the emblem didn't fit correctly over the original and the blue background peeked thru. Maybe its just me but I'm thinking my front one was printed crooked. Did you plasti dip the chrome part before or after putting the stickers on?

Where did you find the SPT piece that goes right above the rear license plate? PM me if you could send me a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Believe me, I tied that technique multiple times trying to get it perfect. But when the stars were lined up right, the emblem didn't fit correctly over the original and the blue background peeked thru. Maybe its just me but I'm thinking my front one was printed crooked. Did you plasti dip the chrome part before or after putting the stickers on?
    I had already plasti-dipped them before hand. I didn't have that issue with the stars. They may be slightly slanted on my rear one, but it's not enough that anyone including myself will ever notice it.

FYI, the edges started to come up and wrinkle after the first day. However, I took a hairdryer and heated it, re pressed the edges down, and it's staying on fine now.

Could you post a picture of your front and back zoomed out a bit more, because I have been trying to decide on something like this too for my SWP?

Quote Originally Posted by Rulin View Post
    Could you post a picture of your front and back zoomed out a bit more, because I have been trying to decide on something like this too for my SWP?
    Yea I'll get some close ups when I get off work today