2011 WRX CF hood doesnt fit

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX CF hood doesnt fit within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, i bought a seibon carbon fiber hood for my car and i installed her, the only thing is ...

2011 WRX CF hood doesnt fit

hey guys, i bought a seibon carbon fiber hood for my car and i installed her, the only thing is that the dirvers side doesnt line up =/ I checked the holes and they are both placed in the same spot on the hood. the passenger side lines up perfectly and sits fine but the the driver side has a little opening over the fender, is there anything i can do or maybe its a defect? help !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a defect. I would just put the stock hood back on
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Your description is difficult for me to follow. Could you please post some pictures?

Also, when re-assembling my car, I found that there is quite a bit of adjustability in hood, front fender and bumper cover placement. This is achieved by using oblong mounting holes (i.e. I could just loosen some bolts and slide my panels around to make the body seams look nice). Maybe you can accommodate for the difference in hood shape by moving some adjacent panels.
    David - '05 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    hoods don't normally just bolt and go. They take a $hit ton of adjusting and aftermarket ones will never match up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    hoods don't normally just bolt and go. They take a $hit ton of adjusting and aftermarket ones will never match up perfectly.
    THIS. I also purchased a seibon CF hood for my 2006 wrx when I had it. Took me and a friend about 30-45 mins of adjusting, then readjusting, then readjusting again to get it where it was even on both side. Just mess with it until it fits where you think it looks aligned right.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread