JDM Folding Mirrors '08-'14

This is a discussion on JDM Folding Mirrors '08-'14 within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone converted their mirrors to "auto fold" when parked? JDM Auto Folding Mirrors and JDM Control Switch - JDM ...

JDM Folding Mirrors '08-'14

Has anyone converted their mirrors to "auto fold" when parked?

JDM Auto Folding Mirrors and JDM Control Switch - JDM Parts - 2008-2014 WRX

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. I would hate to install them and then have them fail on me in like 2 years :/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know there's some YouTube videos and a full install floating around online. I haven't heard any first hand experiences though. It definitely is something I would like to attempt in the future when I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunna02 View Post
    I would hate to install them and then have them fail on me in like 2 years :/
    Then you'd be stuck with regular mirrors
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Then you'd be stuck with regular mirrors
    yeah except I'd be out $400

I think they are more or less a factory part and would expect them to have OE quality. Install does look complicated and even more so if you want them to work with lock/unlock. I think the return isn't really worth the investment unless you can find them for a deal or you park in real tight areas.

haha yeah, Not really looking at ROI for this purchase... this is purely for the cool factor. I mean I try and argue (in my head... mainly for the preparation for the talk I'll have to have if I do with the G/F) that I do park on tight streets and I do fold my mirrors every time I park...

Haha... but who am I kidding??! Not practical... :P I just want to know if I go through that much money and that much trouble that it won't die on me...

And it would suck to have them installed... then have them break... and then find because of the motors the folding windows are "geared" and I can't fold them manually anymore... lol

^ you can bet your sweet bibbi that those motors are geared... (trust me, you won't loose that bet!)
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?