Average cost for a fair paint job front end.

This is a discussion on Average cost for a fair paint job front end. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all. I bought my 2011 STI in WRB last August and cracked the bottom of my front bumper in ...

Average cost for a fair paint job front end.

Hey all. I bought my 2011 STI in WRB last August and cracked the bottom of my front bumper in the huge blizzard in New England last winter. I want to get it fixed and repainted and was wondering a fair cost to have it painted. My neighbor who works at a body shop says he can fix the crack that I don't need a new bumper. it is a crack near the left fog light about 2 inches big.

I also have another question. Somehow, during the hype of buying my first car by myself and the first car being the car I always wanted, I missed a paint defect on the front hood. Seems like there must have been some scratches close to the hood scoop that someone used touch up paint on and did a real sh**ty job. It irritates me at no end to look at that. I am wondering if it is worth it to have it repainted. My neighbor who told me about the bumper said if I paint the hood I should repaint the side panels too and do the bumper all together. He said it won't match well if I don't. Is this true? Because he is the one insisting he was going to do the work at the body shop he works at, so I am not sure if he is just trying to take a little advantage of me because he thinks I trust him. I will try to get some pictures up in the morning.

Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dont short cut your paint job. odds are that if a place is cheap, they are not cutting out the money they are profiting, they are cutting costs on quality of material and time spent on quality of service. you will probably have a good looking paintjob when you get it back and then 3 years down the road you will be going in again somewhere to get your car repainted because the clear is bubbling or even worse get it back with a bad blend and fisheyes everywhere.

I worked at a body shop for years. you get what you pay for. if u go to a good shop you will find somewhere that will guarantee their work for the life of the car. which means free repaint if anything goes wrong years down the road. also where i worked we used to offer free exterior details every 6 months because it helped maintain the work so we didnt have to repaint cars because of customer neglect. search around and you will find a good shop like that.

also about doing the doors as well, typically you would have to do that because if you repaint only one panel and dont blend the surrounding panels it will show since the slight difference will be seperated in a straight line. they would only blend and reclear the surrounding panels. your friend is right, and not taking advantage of you.

A paint job isnt cheap, I had someone hit me in a parking lot on my tC and ruined the fender. I had to fender replaced and my door blended with the new fender. The total cost was close to about 1500. If you dont blend the panels, you'll notice a small offset of the colors, just because the newer panel doesn't have the sun damage/weather damage and will stick out and, if youre lucky it might end up blending after a few months, or it might never...