Overlay Scam??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Overlay Scam?? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with purchasing light overlays from Premium Auto Styling. ...

Overlay Scam??

Hey all,

I wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with purchasing light overlays from Premium Auto Styling. I bought the tail light overlay w/ install kit and fog light overlay from them (a $70+ purchase) for my '13 wagon about 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Long story short, USPS said they didn't ship anything out and now they're not responding to any of my calls/emails/messages. Seems like a legit company but I'm starting to think otherwise. Has anyone else had a similar bad experience?

Appreciate your inputs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Where did you find "Premium Auto Styling"? I've never heard of them..

I've heard good things.. I believe they are based from here in California

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I actually looked at their products while shopping for head & taillight tint for my car. I ended up going with Lamin-X, but the Premium Auto Styling site looked legit. Did you buy directly from their website or somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    I actually looked at their products while shopping for head & taillight tint for my car. I ended up going with Lamin-X, but the Premium Auto Styling site looked legit. Did you buy directly from their website or somewhere else?
    I bought directly from their website. Tried calling, emailing, messaging on their website, facebook and I'm getting absolutely no response back. Super frustrating experience so far but I wanted to see if anyone has dealt with them or had a similar experience since it seems they're a legit company.

Hmm... that sucks dude. Keep calling and leaving messages. Maybe they're swamped with orders or maybe they're a smaller company and something tragic happened to an employee or something. I'd give it another week and if you still don't hear back, report them to the BBB.

I got my overlays from them with not issues all, thats weird

The overlays I purchased took about 2 weeks to get to me and I'm one city over. Had the same thing with them being unresponsive. Luckily the products showed up at my door before I got too upset.

I ordred overlays from them on 9/13, after almost a week of no package tracking even though they already had my money, I emailed them as to why on my account page it says "Awaiting Fullfillment" even though they had my money for a week. They finally email me a tracking on the 9/19, but never emailed a reason why there was such a long delay or apology. This will the last time I order from them.

I Support ClubWRX
    I ordered tail light overlays and window chome delete overlays from them and had no issues whatsoever.

Ordered from them a while back, worst customer service I've ever experienced.

i ordered tail light overlays from them a while back with no issues. They were at subiefest as well throwing out stickers

Looks like there's been a few with a similar experience and an equal amount with no issues. It's been a little over 2 weeks now but I guess I'll try waiting it out a little longer *fingers crossed* before cutting my losses and ordering from Lamin-X. Thanks all for your responses, definitely helps.

Premium auto styling is a company from a few cities over from me in Cali. Its owned by a single guy and he's got a lot going on. I'm sure it is nothing personal. He's a cool dude and has always treated his customers right. could just be that he's got a lot of stuff going on and is a bit overwhelmed. i know you want your stuff just be a little patient with him as he is a sole proprietor and not a big corporation. don't waste your money on ordering from lamin-x i assure you he will ship your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno17wrx View Post
    Premium auto styling is a company from a few cities over from me in Cali. Its owned by a single guy and he's got a lot going on. I'm sure it is nothing personal. He's a cool dude and has always treated his customers right. could just be that he's got a lot of stuff going on and is a bit overwhelmed. i know you want your stuff just be a little patient with him as he is a sole proprietor and not a big corporation. don't waste your money on ordering from lamin-x i assure you he will ship your stuff.
    Appreciate your feedback, it really does add on some ease. I definitely understand and can sympathize for the guy. It's just been frustrating that there's absolutely ZERO communication on his end. I mean, I really went out of my way to reach out through his website, email, phone, etc and got nothing. All I wanted was a quick "It's on its way" since he advertises 2 day shipping and its been over 2 weeks. All in all, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and try to be a bit more patient.

Thanks again for your help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.