Overlay Scam??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Overlay Scam?? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with purchasing light overlays from Premium Auto Styling. ...

Overlay Scam??

Hey all,

I wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with purchasing light overlays from Premium Auto Styling. I bought the tail light overlay w/ install kit and fog light overlay from them (a $70+ purchase) for my '13 wagon about 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Long story short, USPS said they didn't ship anything out and now they're not responding to any of my calls/emails/messages. Seems like a legit company but I'm starting to think otherwise. Has anyone else had a similar bad experience?

Appreciate your inputs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Where did you find "Premium Auto Styling"? I've never heard of them..

I've heard good things.. I believe they are based from here in California

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I actually looked at their products while shopping for head & taillight tint for my car. I ended up going with Lamin-X, but the Premium Auto Styling site looked legit. Did you buy directly from their website or somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    I actually looked at their products while shopping for head & taillight tint for my car. I ended up going with Lamin-X, but the Premium Auto Styling site looked legit. Did you buy directly from their website or somewhere else?
    I bought directly from their website. Tried calling, emailing, messaging on their website, facebook and I'm getting absolutely no response back. Super frustrating experience so far but I wanted to see if anyone has dealt with them or had a similar experience since it seems they're a legit company.

Hmm... that sucks dude. Keep calling and leaving messages. Maybe they're swamped with orders or maybe they're a smaller company and something tragic happened to an employee or something. I'd give it another week and if you still don't hear back, report them to the BBB.

I got my overlays from them with not issues all, thats weird

The overlays I purchased took about 2 weeks to get to me and I'm one city over. Had the same thing with them being unresponsive. Luckily the products showed up at my door before I got too upset.

I ordred overlays from them on 9/13, after almost a week of no package tracking even though they already had my money, I emailed them as to why on my account page it says "Awaiting Fullfillment" even though they had my money for a week. They finally email me a tracking on the 9/19, but never emailed a reason why there was such a long delay or apology. This will the last time I order from them.

I Support ClubWRX
    I ordered tail light overlays and window chome delete overlays from them and had no issues whatsoever.

Ordered from them a while back, worst customer service I've ever experienced.

i ordered tail light overlays from them a while back with no issues. They were at subiefest as well throwing out stickers

Looks like there's been a few with a similar experience and an equal amount with no issues. It's been a little over 2 weeks now but I guess I'll try waiting it out a little longer *fingers crossed* before cutting my losses and ordering from Lamin-X. Thanks all for your responses, definitely helps.

Premium auto styling is a company from a few cities over from me in Cali. Its owned by a single guy and he's got a lot going on. I'm sure it is nothing personal. He's a cool dude and has always treated his customers right. could just be that he's got a lot of stuff going on and is a bit overwhelmed. i know you want your stuff just be a little patient with him as he is a sole proprietor and not a big corporation. don't waste your money on ordering from lamin-x i assure you he will ship your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno17wrx View Post
    Premium auto styling is a company from a few cities over from me in Cali. Its owned by a single guy and he's got a lot going on. I'm sure it is nothing personal. He's a cool dude and has always treated his customers right. could just be that he's got a lot of stuff going on and is a bit overwhelmed. i know you want your stuff just be a little patient with him as he is a sole proprietor and not a big corporation. don't waste your money on ordering from lamin-x i assure you he will ship your stuff.
    Appreciate your feedback, it really does add on some ease. I definitely understand and can sympathize for the guy. It's just been frustrating that there's absolutely ZERO communication on his end. I mean, I really went out of my way to reach out through his website, email, phone, etc and got nothing. All I wanted was a quick "It's on its way" since he advertises 2 day shipping and its been over 2 weeks. All in all, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and try to be a bit more patient.

Thanks again for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast