Salvaged WRX 2013

This is a discussion on Salvaged WRX 2013 within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was on craigslist and saw a discounted Subaru WRX with a salvaged title. The car looked like this: I ...

Salvaged WRX 2013

I was on craigslist and saw a discounted Subaru WRX with a salvaged title. The car looked like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	116285

I am not knowledgeable about the structure of cars, so can anyone tell me what I should be worried about by looking at this picture, and what questions I should be asking before I buy the car?

Thanks!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4077952497.html
    Last edited by jetkid03; 09-19-2013 at 04:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

To start off with, your picture isn't working. Secondly, I'd stay far away from salvage title cars personally.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Thanks! I fixed the link. I agree with you, but this is such a good deal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jetkid03 View Post
    Thanks! I fixed the link. I agree with you, but this is such a good deal IMO.
    No way. It's not that great of a price with a salvaged title. Resale is now shot on that car, and for a brand new car to have a salvaged title, it may have had quite a number done on it to have insurance declare it a loss....unless it's a theft recovery or something of the sort. I'd probably stay away from this one without a DETAILED history.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    No way. It's not that great of a price with a salvaged title. Resale is now shot on that car, and for a brand new car to have a salvaged title, it may have had quite a number done on it to have insurance declare it a loss....unless it's a theft recovery or something of the sort. I'd probably stay away from this one without a DETAILED history.
    Thank you. After browsing these forums and understanding a little more about WRX pricing, I realized it's not a good deal at all! I have been browsing Craigslist for a few months now and I rarely see 2011-2013 models come up... which is why i'm not familiar with the market. Cool. Thanks again!