Wind Shield 2013 WRX

This is a discussion on Wind Shield 2013 WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm depressed . I was driving to college today when suddenly this truck in the other lane spit up a ...

Wind Shield 2013 WRX

I'm depressed . I was driving to college today when suddenly this truck in the other lane spit up a rock and made a crack on the top of my windshield, anyone know how much it is for the OEM WRX wind shield?? If the STI one fits and it's about the same price, i might aswell get the STI one because it has a nicer tint line to it. Anyway... My cars got only 2874 miles...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Depending on how big the crack is you might be able to get it fixed. My wife had to replace the front window and it was free of charge. We went through our insurance company.

Some states require your insurance provider to replace your windshield for free. Florida is like this. Washington is not. Check your state laws or call your provider. But yes, depending on size and depth, it may be repairable. I know when mine cracked, it wasn't repairable but Geico paid for a full replacement ( I was still registered in Florida at the time).
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I went through insurance and it was 100. I saw the msrp was like 1000 tho.

damn.

Mine is 500 total, insurance is doing 250 of it and I'm paying the next 250. I'm going to get it done at Portland glass for my 2013 WRX, I asked them to get a tinted one too. Anyone know what differences there will be or is it just about the same as compared to the subaru one?

mine cracked as it was hit by a rock also last may. if you get the oem its over 1000. I got a cheap chinese one from safelite and it was $400. And today i was a hit by a rock again and i thought i was going to have a crack again. I checked and it had a small chip. I was lucky. But i hate the roads over here, so many rocks.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRB REXXY View Post
    Mine is 500 total, insurance is doing 250 of it and I'm paying the next 250. I'm going to get it done at Portland glass for my 2013 WRX, I asked them to get a tinted one too. Anyone know what differences there will be or is it just about the same as compared to the subaru one?
    Only difference I would worry about is if you have the windshield defroster set up for your wipers. Just want to make sure they work before you leave. Might as well get the windows tinted while you are there! haha. Portland Tint is a good shop and I have always have good luck with them. Good people there who know what they are doing. BTW, I am from Portland too