Possible Plastidip on bottom like GTR (SWP)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Possible Plastidip on bottom like GTR (SWP) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a couple of knicks on my front bumper and was thinking of trying out some plastidip. Here are ...

Possible Plastidip on bottom like GTR (SWP)

I have a couple of knicks on my front bumper and was thinking of trying out some plastidip.

Here are a few mockups of what it might look like,

And here was the inspiration,

Let me know what yall think, Thanks!

Also, if anyone would like to make some better/more accurate photoshop edits that'd be wonderful haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rulin View Post
    I have a couple of knicks on my front bumper and was thinking of trying out some plastidip.

Here are a few mockups of what it might look like,

And here was the inspiration,

Let me know what yall think, Thanks!

Also, if anyone would like to make some better/more accurate photoshop edits that'd be wonderful haha
    Second pic doesn't show up.

Anyways, idk I'm not crazy about it. I had contemplated the same idea for my car...but I felt like it was defeating the purpose of having the side skirts/body kit. Hence from a distance these parts won't stand out, looking as if you have a bare body kit.

I think you would lose the more aggressive and lower to the ground look. But that's where the beauty of plasti-dip comes in...It's removable!!

I like it on the white.

Why not just use white plasti dip? It wouldn't stand out nearly as much.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUPATROOPA View Post
    Why not just use white plasti dip? It wouldn't stand out nearly as much.
    if he just uses regular white, it will stick out like a sore thumb and probably look even worse than black.

if he gets white & adds the pearlizer offered from plastidip (Plasti Dip Enhancers | Dip Coating | Plasti Dip Interntional), it might be a close match.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Hmm, I didn't know about the pearlizer. But I guess there is only one true way of knowing... If I get some time this weekend I might give it a shot. I'll post pictures if I do.

And the 2nd picture was just a picture of a white GTR.

Doesn't really look that bad honestly. But it makes it look cheaper, like when Audi used to do the plastic crap all around their car in the early 2003 A4 models.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.